It's Wednesday Jan. 19th around 12:15 and I actually have some time to blog. I'm shocked.
There are tons of things that I need to catch up on since I said this was going to be like a diary (it's way easier for me to type than it is to write, the hand gets kinda cramped).
Anyways the most prevalent topic in my mind right now is my new coworker. It would take me forever to fill in all the gaps since I last posted so I'm really hoping that if I ever reread this I'll remember. She came from outreach, she's a bit older, has a Master's degree, and has 13 (I think) years experience in the child field. She's in the process of adopting a child and that's where the frustration comes in.
I've been with FSI for five years and have had some shitty luck. The summer of 2010 I applied to be the lead in the Part Time (PT) class room and didn't get it. The inexperienced foreigner got it instead. I dealt with that and accepted it. Well she left the first week of December which left her spot open. I reapplied and waited. (Weeks later I found out the other person who applied as well). Well instead of getting the Lead Teacher (LT) position, the company offered me a promotion to be a Co Lead Teacher. Totally confusing, could be a whole other post.
Well we've been working together for two days, however she has come in and asked me several questions and has wanted to change some things (another post?). When she first found out she got the position she came and told me that she didn't mind staying late but she had a class to attend. I asked her what it was (since she has a master's and all) and she told me about the adoption process (which is very intriguing). Then she told me that she needed to leave early on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Together we agreed that it was not big deal and maybe we could alternate the shift. I would leave early on Wednesdays and Fridays and she would leave early on Tuesdays and Thursdays and we would take turns leaving early on Mondays. We had a meeting yesterday and before the meeting I mentioned to her that I really needed to have Fridays off early and hope that the Director remember about alternating our shifts. SHE DIDN'T!!!! So this morning my new CT comes and says I don't mind trading with you on the Fridays that you need but I can't do it every Friday. I'm blown away! I mention the first conversation about alternating days and she says that she doesn't remember that conversation all she remembers is me mentioning I want to leave early on Friday's during the spring.
I really hope that I get a chance to talk to the Director and she remembers as well as permits us to take turns. I feel pretty aggravated by the fact that I still have to work late and I've been here longer than all the teachers (including the director) except for one and there are many who have better shifts.
Guess I should mention the reason this is a big deal to me is I'm an early morning kinda person. I'd much rather get up early and arrive to work and get home early than to sleep in and stay at work a little later. I despise getting home at the time I do, however at the same time a wee bit thankful because it's not as late as it was when I first started. I should also be thankful that I'm not in the same position as the assistant in the Toddler Classroom. She started working the closing shift, moved to the same schedule as me, and has to go back to closing because of DOE.
Hope all works out well.
Renee,
ReplyDeleteWhen I looked up the recipe for cream a lot of them just used milk instead of heavy cream - you can try that Im sure it would be great!