Friday, May 4, 2012

Bombasha opinion

Well looky looky at me!  Day three back on track!  I know I shouldn’t celebrate till at least a week’s worth of documenting.  I doubt I’ll treat myself to a baked good like so many other bloggers I follow and drool over regularly, but it’s nice to fantasize isn’t it?!?

Today was another good one.  I got to work before anyone else.  Not really sure how.  Wait a minute forgot to tell you my bfast was good.  I skipped out on the yogurt since we were supposed to have a fattening lunch and added blueberries to the mix to bulk up the meal a bit. 

K, now on to work; since I was there too early I sat in my car and tried to read my emails via laptop I left in my car, but the net wouldn’t connect.  So I sat patiently and waited.  At 7:33 I went in and decided to make some coffee.  I didn’t have to though b/c the OR people were in for a training and one of them always makes good stuff.  I chatted with them for a couple of minutes.  One of the gals had an awesome idea for the AD’s 10 anniversary in June.  Since the AD is a suzy homemaker of sorts, the chick had the idea for everyone to write their fav recipe on a provided card and she would place it into a book of some sorts.  AND after pow-wowing w another girl decided to get a set of decorative colored plates and everyone write something on it with a special pen that you can bake/glaze for decorating in her home/kitchen.  Wonder if I’ll get something awesome for my ten year (woops just now remember I forgot to give the LT of big kids some money to get the DR a thank you gift for Teacher Appreciation Week, next week). 

My morning wasn’t too eventful or productive.  I had to go into the babies for about twenty minutes.  I couldn’t find my CT’s pouch w the share jump drive so I had to wait till she got to work to print the daily/weekly sheets I do first thing every Fri. morning, buh!  So that puts me around nine or so to get to work on needed papers and duties.  I started off doing DN’s and got distracted somehow.  I’m sure it’s b/c my CT wanted to talk about something.  She came in at 10ish to let me know that we were going to have a fire drill in a minute, so I went in to help the babies and of course the AT was rude as semi usual.  She so, fickle (is that the word I’m looking for?).  She can be nice and turn around a moment later and have an attitude, and then flip again to being nice.  When I went in to help the floater was in there w them already.  The floater had three babies in a crib, the LT was standing next to a sleeping baby in a crib, and the AT was bouncing/holding a baby to put to sleep.  There was one child asleep in a crib that didn’t have a ‘hand on him so to speak’ so I said I’d help roll him out; and that’s when she got short with me!  Something along the lines of she can do and they don’t need me or something.  So I just left and went next door w the toddlers.  They were more than glad to have me help them!  Anyways when I got back to the room it was 10:30 and I had to make my weekly parent phone call.  After that conversation I had to log it and then head out to the next room.  Needless to say I didn’t get too much work done!  The only thing I did get completed was Sassitude’s metro sheet. 

At 11:00 I played w the big kids and the AT actually stayed in the room w me!  We went outside and I admired her new body art and we chatted about.  Maybe one of these days I’ll get enough guts up and do it too.  The LT came out and let the AT go in and get a plate of special lunch, then took in three kids w her to set up for lunch.  When I came in w the rest of the class the AT was back in the room eating and setting up lunch.  I didn’t get a chance to get my plate so after the kids were settled I ok’d it w her and left her out of ratio by one for a couple of minutes to get mine. 

I forgot to mention that while drinking my two cups of coffee this morning I told myself ‘I will behave today, I will make healthy choices’ each time I took a drink; and almost followed through with it.  Since I made a salad base I only needed a little bit to top it.  On my plate there was a bite, literally a bite – one spoon full if that of the following items: rice casserole, bean dip w one chip, chicken, heaping spoon of pico and salsa and four cherry tomatoes.  Then on my second plate I had a spoon full of flan, two spoon full’s of some oreo dessert, and four puppy chow pieces.  When I got in the room I put all the chicken, pico, and tomatoes on my ‘bed’.  It was good.  I ate the salad slowly and was going to wait to eat the dessert on my break, but my curiosity got the best of me and I ate it before I left!  I ate it way too fast and didn’t savor the flavor.  Well this is where the choices go down the hole: on my actual break I discovered the good chips, multigrain scoops, were out!  I snagged a few w some pico and tomatoes and chicken and then some w the rice casserole!  Not only did a snag a few dipped chips but I got a bit more dessert.  I grabbed two more small spoon fulls of the flan (there were two dishes, one thick and one thin and I wanted to compare – they both weren’t as yummy as the two bites I had earlier and I should have just left it alone), two more of the oreo thing, and the nine inch high chocolate cake had been cut and I noticed a small chunk left behind in the butchering so I snagged it too. 

I did, I ate all those bites of yummy stuff!  I did also however eat my serving of pineapple to make me feel ‘stuffed’ so I wouldn’t graze another bite!  Then I went to the babies for their note time.  Nothing to note here.  Both teachers were nice and semi included me in some of their conversations.  The LT insisted that I was wrong about the email we got for next Friday’s closure.  She said her email mentioned something about bfast being served and having a small meeting while dining then working on paperwork since we all got behind during art show weeks.  I do not remember any of those statements!  All I remember is that there was going to be ‘to do lists’ for each teacher to complete during the time.  Neither of them remembers that part!  But they aren’t the only ones, I’ve mentioned it to a couple other teachers and they don’t remember it either.  That’s how that time ended

After I left there I talked w the DR and she actually allowed me to catch up on my paperwork for an hour like she said she would yesterday.  I’m really thankful that she did b/c I know the chick I had to relieve got out and worked on paperwork again this morning b/c she told me so herself.  My CT was in there for her to be out of the room.  Well the first thing I did was look for that email and don’t ya know there was no mention about a meeting, but there was a ‘to do list’ mention.  SO I emailed the DR and asked her to clarify what it was that’s supposed to happen next Friday. 

During the hour I was out I completed my monthly summaries!!!!  Not only am I glad that I got to do them, but I’m even more thankful I didn’t have to go into the Lions room!  At 3 I went into the toddlers and enjoyed myself yet again.  I would like to remember that I don’t think they are correcting their problem in the appropriate way.  They have a little girl who is a biter.  She bites whenever she wants really, it seems to me, but the AT said that their new method is to try to keep the other kids from crowding her so she won’t lash out.  To me that kind of indulges the biter.  I think they should take her out of the environment and let the other kids enjoy themselves.  I’m sure they aren’t doing it that way though b/c she’ll wail and the other kids won’t so much.  But whatever, it’s not my room.  I only mention it b/c I think the AT got aggravated at me.  The DR came through and said there was tour through that room and wanted to make sure all the kids were happy.  There was one friend crying, which the DR specifically pointed out and basically said ‘help him recover b/4 we come in’ so that’s what I was doing.  There were several friends w me helping the ‘sad friend’ and the biter managed to get someone else that was still at the door!  IMO the kid who got bitten was sort of askin for it anyways; he kept pestering her all afternoon!  Also I noticed earlier that he reacted the same way even though he didn’t get bitten.  Well when we tried to find the bite later there were no marks.  I’m thinking she didn’t quite get him but came really close.  The reason I think she was aggravated was b/c of her demeanor w the kids; she was def. riled up and showed it. 

We’ve also got a new lock up system.  There’s a tiny little button that has to be orange for the door codes to work.  So when closing and opening the little button has to be on for a person to come in.  I feel a bit privileged in being told this tidbit, considering I wasn’t told the code for months after being in the new building.  Supposedly we are getting keys to the back door too.  I just now realized that means that I won’t be able to get in the front door and run around to the alarm if I ever get there early.  I’ll actually have to wait on an official ‘opener’.  Hum, don’t know what I think about that?

Forgot to mention that I did have a little bit more snacks when I was out this afternoon: I ate one iced sugar cookie and a handful of puppy chow (damn addictive pb chocolate combo). 

I got off on time, made it home, changed clothes, and then we headed out for our date at Bombasha.  First things first: EXPENSIVE!!!!!  It was 38.00 a person.  However it was SUPER tasty, they were really nice, and we had a Livingsocial deal.  Regardless the tab was $74.00, grat already included. 
Have you ever been to a Brazalian steakhouse?  I’m not sure they are all the same, but this one was set up kind of buffet style.  There’s a salad bar w some amazing foods; fruits, veggies, meats, cheeses, and dressings.  On your table there’s a little card; one side red and one green.  When you want meat you flip the green side up, if you’re good to go red side up.  The gaucho’s are really quick and come semi instantly to serve you something. 
I enjoyed the apple and raisin salad and the peppadew peppers w swiss cheese the most from the bar.  But they had soooo much to choose from.  Hubby made an enormous salad w everything, I think. 
There were 11 different protein options: a parm. steak (so good, would be awesome over pasta), chicken wing (nice and tender the bone came right out), chicken sausage, filet and chicken wrapped in bacon (the filet was better, but they were both kind of dry), some parm crusted pork (way tooooo dry, took just one bite), 3 different meat cuts (one so amazing – it was their house special and I could have eaten oodles of it), a veal cut (I DID NOT LIKE!), and some ribs (good flavor, way under cooked? – too tough, not southern enough for us).  For sides they served little plates of fried banana (can I say good-golly-miss-molly, I could eat this every day for dessert.  Literally they deep fried a whole banana w some cinnamon.  So great, would have been more dessert w some ice cream and nuts, making me drool here), fried yucca (okay, a root veggie like a potato), mash pots (too bland), and rice and black beans (the rice was somehow better than any white rice I’ve ever eaten). 

So for $40.00 a person gets at least nine to 11 ounces of meat, some pretty great service, and an awesome experience.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying I’d never go back, but it will have to be a special occasion and or a deal to go with it.  I’m glad that we did it together. 

Now that we are back home, I’ve weighed myself and I’m slightly, not sure what word, thought the scale would say way more, but it doesn’t.  Astounded maybe? 

Off to watch more Tudors.  Can you guess the best part of my day?  There’s several high: finish summaries, being right about the email, and most of all my first time experience date night with my other half.

Very gracious you’ll let me tell you all this…

No comments:

Post a Comment