OMGoodness gracious alive, can
you believe it’s been damn near a month since I’ve written you? No real reason, just got lazy after I hit
that one year mark. Here’s to moving forwards
and hopefully doing better and not thinking of this as the same ol’ same
ol’. I’m sure there will be some nights
that will be old and mundane, but I hope I’ll do better. I typically write to you while watching tv,
so it regularly doesn’t make sense I’m sure.
However while reading one of my fav blogs today I realized that she and
I have extreme similarities: she basically tells about her day and includes
some recipes w some great pics. Also I
read an article about ‘dieting mistakes’ and one of them includes not writing down
what you consume, basically taking responsibility for your actions and knowing
why you aren’t having successful loses; SOOO w that being said I’ve decided to
journal again. Now I don’t know if I’ll
do it everyday, wait I should so I can remember and fess up to my eats, so
guess we’ll see how it goes.
Before telling you about my day
guess I’ll catch you up on the most important happenings since I was
absent. I went fishing over several
weekends w my dad and enjoyed myself immensely.
Aaron’s granny passed and we had her funeral. I went to my lady doctor’s appointment and
she waas finally concerned that I hadn’t menstruated in almost a year and told
me/gave me a script to take this ‘shed your lining’ hormone. I also made and went through w a GP doctor’s
appointment. She ran blood work on basic
stuff and the hormones my OBGYN wanted.
To keep it short for ya, she didn’t see anything wrong w the results,
but said I should have the OBGYN read them and translate what it means. I still haven’t done that yet and got the
results last Thursday (shame on me I know, I just keep forgetting to call her
when I’ve got the time, but always remember when she can’t talk b/c they aren’t
open). AND my hubby and I finally gave
in and had *turn away now if you are
easily embarrassed* unprotected SI.
It’s only been once, but I was brave and didn’t panic.
Well now I’ll take note of my
day. First off for my day I did
absolutely horrible making healthy choices, however not as bad as yesterday
(lots of chocolate and cookies and full fat meats and cheeses). I told myself I was going to be smart and not
‘cheat’, but alas I suck and had no will power (I really think it’s kind of
like if you eat FF then you want FF (or chips or other fattening foods); and if
you just avoid it then you don’t know what you’re missing so you don’t eat or
crave it. I had a healthy bfast:
strawberry, champagne mango (not that impressive really and could totally eat a
reg mango unless it’s more), w blackberry yogurt. Good stuff!
I had tomato, cucumber, dill salad, w cheese and 4 fruit veggie
servings. I only ate two fruit
servings. I ate oodles of those damn
sugar cookies that were brought in yesterday.
They are so tasty; buttery-sweet-crumbly-chewy-addictive three inch
tasty treats! I did however eat a wee
bit of veggies too. I ate some carrots,
tomatoes, and cucumbers leftover from the kids special luncheon. Since I did so poorly I ate 3 ¼ broiled
crappie and ½ cup steamed veggies for dinner.
I also had three bites of chocolate and three bites of hubby’s skillet
fried fish. It was good. A bit greasy, but good in flavor. Oh wait, I also ate 3-5 gingerbread cookies
btwn the time I got home and ate dinner.
Are you still following?
Guess I’ll tell you how the day
was. I had to jump into work five or so
minutes early to get a kid off the school bus and take to class. So I left five minutes early. Also we were short staffed; three down. Even though there were other people out
things seemed to have run smoothly. We
had five of our six kids. The little guy
who cries, at least the last time I wrote to you, but not now, was out. We knew he would be though. He and his family went to Alabama to visit family. The kids on my case load had great days. Burrows, w Autism, was extremely calm. He cleaned up well while I showed him the
picture, and at his lunch with little prompts.
Blondie, walked a TON! Child
walked with barely much aid half way, then the rest of the way independently. Sassitude, talked/vocalized and engaged
during several activities today.
I enjoyed myself playing w the
babies and realized that I kind of look forward to playing with them. Not the adults in the room, but the wee
ones. One of them, one that gives me a
challenge every time I put him down for nap, was amazingly engaged w me the
entire time. I can’t really express how
tickled it made me, but it was too much fun.
I think he remembers rough housing w me last week and wanted to do it
more.
After getting off I walked to the
library in hopes to make up for all those buttery cookies I ate. I returned the horrible miserable book we
read for our last book club meeting (yes I know I finished reading it a long
time ago, but couldn’t return it before the due date so I renewed it and today
was the day it was due) and picked up the new book for June (which had to be
picked up by tomorrow or I’d lose the reservation).
Once I got home I also attempted
to burn a few more calories and did a little bit of house work; also it just
needed to be done. I stripped the bed
and washed the linens as well as flipped and rotated the mattress. I also kind of rebusted the bed we damaged
and asked hubs to fix it. I also cleaned
the dishwasher trays and washed dishes.
One final cleaning was the fan in the kitchen so I could turn it own
without getting fuzzy dusty stuff in our food.
Since I didn’t eat all my lunch I
just repacked it and tossed in the fresh cut pineapple as a fruit. We are supposed to have dinner w Lindsay and
Colin tomorrow, so I’m really going to try and do better (not to mention all
the cookies are gone).
Thank you for coming back to
me…
No comments:
Post a Comment