A grill master!
So my wonderful husband decided a few weeks back that we needed to have homemade BBQ. He and our roommate cleaned out our garage and unburied our smoker/grill in the process. He said he was going to do it on a Saturday, but of course things came up and it didn't happen on the day he said.
Well while we were at the grocery yesterday he decided it was time and he bought a ten pack of thighs to be smoked today. Of course, being the weekend and all he wanted to sleep in. So i got up around sevenish and did my regular morning routine and then being the super sweet wife that I am took over the plan.
I pulled the grill out (the hard way because I couldn't figure out how to open the large part of the garage door) and started the coals and wood chips. I started this early (before eight because he said it takes ten hours to smoke and finish).
Fast forward four hours give and take and this is what I've done:
The left side is half the pulled chicken and the right is the half unpulled.
When he woke up around 11, he had the bright idea that we should have bought more so that we could take some to my parents this weekend when we go visit. Well I had to go to the store to buy the rest of the meal, which I might add he also left up to me to make the decision of what that would be, and realized that I could just buy more meat then. So add three more piles that size and that's what I DID!!!!
I will admit that he did the prep work for the first batch of chicken: spice rub. Which helped me for the second batch.
Well to compliment the meal I decided to have slaw, Kroger macaroni salad (which is AMAZINGLY delicious, and one serving is worth 9 WW POINTS!), and grilled veggies


No comments:
Post a Comment