Friday, August 13, 2010

shame on me

So over the past week I've been reading this blog: http://elevenpoints.blogspot.com/ and am IN LOVE!! Kinda wish I could be a part or attempt to knock it off and have one here. Some times while I read it, I find it very encouraging to keep up my choices.

Anywho, today was a BAD DAY for my health. If you've read any of my past posts you'll know that I've been attempting to make healthier decisions when it comes to eating and usually I do.

Well today we had lunch provided: spaghetti, bread sticks, cookies, and cake. I knew it was happening and planned out a healthy way to consume above meal. I made a good choice for breakfast (cottage cheese with preserves) and drank 64 ounces of water within the two hours before the meal (in attempt to fill the belly with water so I wouldn't want so much good food). I also made a salad meal, with two fruits, and was only going to have a side of pasta.

Did I?

NO!!!

I had a full order of pasta and two bread sticks and didn't even count how many of those stupid oh so gooey chewy oatmeal raisin cookies! What makes all this worse is that I'm supposed, no am going to a friend's house this evening where I know there will be wonderful treats and adult beverages, which I haven't had in a very very looooonnnnnnggggg time b/c of this healthy choice making.

God if I was bulimic, don't ya know I would be in that bathroom still. I feel miserable of course. I told my self that since I didn't eat my salad for lunch than that's all I'm going to eat for dinner, but I'm so stuffed I don't even want that. But I know that as soon as I get there I'm going to see and smell it all. Should I bust the salad out and eat in front of them? Should I continue to shovel bad for me things, since my day is shot? Or should I just avoid it all together and only drink water and chew gum? If I do the last one I'll be starvin' Marvin by the time I get home. Maybe my belly will consume all the disgusting things I ate during the day.

Tomorrow I hope to start afresh and do a better job. I'm going to Costco and hope that I don't over indulge on all the fabulous samples. I'm going with my wonderful MIL and she steered me away from things last time we went. I hope she keeps it up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment