I'd like to take a moment and thank Beth over at Eat.Drink.Smile for letting her followers know about this place. My husband and I had a date night and ate here last night.
I wanted to go because of their dedication food weeks to Eat Pray Love. This was the last week of the three week series.
I was a bit worried on the way out because I wasn't sure what it was going to be like. I called on Thursday and asked several questions about how it worked and the lady on the phone explained that it was an "upscale meat and three like buffet" when you do a CIT (chef inspired table). Or you could pay for what you pick; three veggies, one meat two veggies, one meat three veggies, etc. The more expensive kind of meat you pick (chicken vs salmon) the more you pay. Or you could order off their menu.
Of course I didn't have a clue as to what she was talking about. I'm thinking that we are going to go to a buffet like place where people serve me my food, kinda like cafeteria style (you know back in high school) and/or I could have a chef make food at our table like Kobe. I'm hoping for the best at this point.
Well we get there and it's not as bad as I was thinking. They have all these foods in coolers or warmer cases (kinda like Wal Mart has in the deli section where you can pick your food and eat while you shop or take it home).
NOW I UNDERSTAND!!! A person walks through and points or says what they want and the helper behind the counter scoops it up and plates it for ya.
So if someone wants rice, veggies, fruit, and meat; you pay for whats on your plate! Well my DH and I did the CIT. This basically means that we can get anything and everything we want and as much or as little. We could also "special order" what the chef is making at his table. Which we ended up doing and ordered the duck special. It's probably the most expensive way to go, but we got to try everything they serve in their displays. DH and I didn't get too many of the same things and we shared bites of our stuff with each other.
The best part (for me anyways) came towards the end. I was thinking that we could only get one slice of cake with our CIT buffet, but NOPE we could get ENDLESS of that too!
I'm not going to list everything we tried (that might be a bit embarrassing to write), but I will say that if I ever go back (which I told DH, I didn't want to because it's bad for me and my waistline) I know which items I would pick (and definitely suggest you try if you go): mashed potatoes (so cheesy and creamy), sweet potatoes (with a crunchy nutty cinnamony strudel like topping), baked beans, and a butter roll (literally melts in your mouth, I wasn't going to eat any bread, but when I tried this my first comment was "that melted, what was that?").
Isn't that awful! I've been doing really well eating "healthy", this place kills that. Its such great place to get some southern comfort food. Makes me ready for the holidays.
its 10am and now I'm hungry!
ReplyDeleteLove Chefs Market! Ive only been for lunch not dinner - dinner sounds dangerous :)
ReplyDelete