Sunday, October 3, 2010

much needed update

So it's been almost two weeks since I've blogged last.  I've been semi busy and kinda got a bit discouraged.  I was supposed to do a "tag blog"' and never did (sorry Lindsay).  Not even really sure where to find that to follow through. 


Well let's see what I can remember...........


Not too much since this past week was CRAZY!!!


     Monday at 3:15 my LT/co teacher actually got FIRED!  I can't believe it.  After everything that has happened in the last nine months she is just now having it happened.  I also can't believe it because she and the director are friends, I thought there wasn't anything she could do wrong. 
     I'll admit I miss her just a little even though she made my life a living hell more often than not.  It's kinda weird not talking to her on a daily basis out on the playground.  I've tried contacting her a few times over the past week just to see what's going on and what happened, but she hasn't gotten back to me. 
     So for anyone who's wondering I'm in the classroom by myself, with six (sometimes five) kids.  Doesn't sound like a big deal, but the company isn't hiring anyone to replace her because we are moving at the end of the month.  That means that for the next whole month I have to do five/six daily notes a day, enter their information on the net for the govt. to read, and do the rest of the paperwork that we typically split.  The hardest part of the day is 10:30 to 11:00 and I'm hoping that I 'll get consistent help during this time. 
     I don't like saying this "out loud" but I kinda wish they had done this back in April/May when she was on probation because I feel like I'd be happier possibly overall if they had.  For IF SAKE: if they had I'd applied to be the lead in my room and take her spot.  Maybe I'd gotten it since it's my room.  IF I was the LT then maybe I'd be the LT in the new part time classroom instead of the assistant to Candy who hasn't a clue what to do (I do like the girl, but I have a feeling I might have a bit of resentment when we get together, esp. when she goes to ask me something I shouldn't have to tell her). 


I'm still waiting to hear from the other place, which is really sad because they hoped to have someone in there on the 16th of August and they still don't says my inside source.  Plus my source told me the other place just lost another person that I'd be a shoe in for.  Now I need to get the balls up to call and inquire. 


I've started going to physical therapy (PT) this week and love it!  I was a bit worried, but it's not too terrible yet.  The second opinion Dr. recommended 2x a week for 4 weeks.  The therapist wants 3x a week for 8 weeks and got his wish approved.  I know that this frustrates my director but maybe if she had let me rest when it happened instead of making me stay and work and letting the other girl with a migraine leave early. 


OH yeah, Saturday night I chipped a front tooth FLOSSING!  It was the tooth that I had work done on a few years back and the dentist filed it down, so it was thin already, but still flossing shouldn't make a tooth break!  So now I need to make a last minute visit to the dentist.  I tried to get an appointment for the 4th and did, but the evil director wouldn't approve the request to be off.  She told me because there was another person off already.  I'm so tired of that lame excuse, one of these days I'm going to pull out all the campus news letters and show her how many times there have been multiple people off on the same day, even a few days in a row!  She wants me to get a dentist here so that I could take a mid week day off instead of a Monday, but I'm chicken poo and can't do it just yet.  Not to mention I feel like I shouldn't have to pay for the work because after all it wouldn't have happened if the dentist hadn't filed the tooth down to make it thin.  So I'm hoping that by going to the original dentist they'll cut me a little slack.  I've got an appointment for the 18th which is 3 WEEKS after it chipped.  The director told me the only way I could have the day off is if I make sure to attend the mandatory meeting that is that evening.  I told her I'd be there unless the dentist had to do a little extra work since I had to put off the treatment.  (My dad had something similar happen and he only waited a week and was out of commission for two days).  I've been super careful and not biting anything and rinsing often to keep anything out of the hole. 


This past week I actually made contact with the girl who was supposed to be in our wedding as a bridesmaid last October.  She apologized through text and I actually saw her last night for a minute (literally).  She's getting married June 4th 2011.  I told her if she needed any help to please not hesitate and call.  We'll see how that pans out.  I know that I reconnected with a couple of dear friends seven months before our wedding and it was one of the best things to happen. 


I'm so glad FALL is here.  I know there are tons of people out there who say they love fall and it's their favorite time of year and it makes me wonder how they physically feel.  I know every morning I go outside there is the lightest feeling with in me.  I just feel like I could literally fly with happiness at the feel and smell and sight of this season. 


We had a pretty busy day yesterday.  We went to the banana pudding festival and it was good.  I wish that I had my phone with me so I could've taken photos to post, but you'll just have to take my word on it.  We visited the "pudding path" and got to try 8 different kinds of banana pudding (which was a total of about a pound of pudding!!!).  There were other interesting things there and made me miss my child hood a bunch.  Then we went to a winery and my DH actually tasted a few wines and liked one!  I couldn't believe it. 


During our regular grocery shopping I bought an edible pumpkin and am going to try and cook it like a squash/potato!  I hope it turns out good, I'll let y'all know when I do.  For anyone who's interested Save-A-Lot has a circular in the mail for whole chickens at $.79 a lb and chuck roasts at $2.49 a lb, which is an AMAZING deal!  I"m leaving here to go get some in a little.  I'm going to try my hand at making a smoked chicken and two roast chickens (one to eat and one to make home made chicken noodle soup). 


Oh yeah, so I've discovered that I also have to buy a new woman's wear item.  I've been loosely following the WW plan and have gotten almost down to my pre college weight.  It's true what they say (at least for me) and I've lost the weight in one of the number one places.  I just thought the woman's wear items were old and I needed new ones.  NOPE, I checked it out and there's room for a small water balloon in there.  It makes me sad because I really really liked that asset about myself (it made me feel skinnier since they stuck out over the fat).  Now I've got itty bitties (sorta).  Not to mention its so much easier to eat what I want instead of having to actually think about it. 


Hmmmmm........


I guess that's bout it.  I'm going to try and do better about posting. I've been super busy trying to plan an anniversary vacation and that's what I've spent my free time doing instead of blogging.  I think we've finally decided so now I just need to put it to action. 


Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment