Woo Hoo! I did it! I made homemade pumpkin "butter". It is SOOOOO tasty, just officially ate some on toast and can't wait to eat more.
It was super easy:
create recipe from others to what I like
mix ingredients
cook (double boiled until temp. reached 180)
"can" it
I also learned how to "can" yesterday. Kinda easier than I thought. Hafta boil (to sanitize) the jars and tops. Fill jars, put lids on really tight, and boil again for 10 minutes.
The most important things to know is do not contaminate boil water and sanitized items, lift filled boil jars out straight up and down, and MAKE SURE TO SMOOSH ALL PRODUCT DOWN so there isn't any air pockets in the jar.
I wish I had taken pictures of the process like so many blogs I read but oh well, maybe next time because there WILL BE A NEXT TIME!!!!!
It's also really exciting because I figured out the WW points: each jar is only 6 points! On a typical use I will probably only use a tbsp or two which is 0 points!!!!
Can't wait to eat and share.
Now I'm off to make pumpkin fudge which is way more points. The whole recipe is 99 points and about 3 points per piece (damn caramel bits, nuts, and marshmallow cream).
No comments:
Post a Comment