So my DH was watching House the other night while I was reading my book. I got tired and retired to the bedroom to go to bed.
I wasn't quite as tired as I thought because I ended up staying awake and watching the rest of the episode (45 minute long entering at 20 minutes in). It was the very last episode of the season. Of course I haven't been watching the whole season with him, but I've already seen it and I know what is going to happen. None-the-less I still ENDED up crying! I felt so silly, damn hormones.
So if you've seen the end of season 4 you know what happens. For those who haven't: Wilson's (the leads male's BF) GF has been in an accident and is in a medically induced coma. The diagnostic team is trying to figure out what's wrong with her so they can save her. Now fast forward a good twenty plus minutes............
She's been taking some kinda drug for the flu and her kidney (which is "broken" from the accident that put her in the hospital) isn't detoxing her so the drug is poisoning her body. Basically she ISN'T GOING TO LIVE no matter what the team does. Wilson's in a dilemma of whether or not to wake her up and say good bye or just "pull the plug". I'm not going to tell you what he did, if ya wanna know go find out.
My what if questions is: What if it were you?
If your spouse was in a coma and you knew they weren't going to live, would you wake them up to say good bye? Or would you just let them go from the coma state?
My DH and I were talking and (I think decided) that if it was him he would want to be woken up so he could say good bye to me (if I didn't he would be extremely mad at me). He thinks that if it was me he would let me slip out through the coma because I would freak out the last hours of life instead of embracing it and making peace with all my loved ones.
I'm not sure what I would want because he's right, I'm a super uptight stressed freak and he isn't. He's way more calmer than me. But I so feel like an awful person. I would want to be woken up too so I could say bye. Especially if I wasn't with him when I went into the coma.
How bout you, what would you do?
No comments:
Post a Comment