Well I went back to work today and it wasn’t to terribly bad. Yea I was in a bit of pain/uncomfortableness, but I just had to take it easy. It was also weird b/c my CT was in a bit of pain too, her back hurt. Also we only had four kids! It just so happens that all four were kids on my caseload. There were only three kids till ten and the fourth, of course, came in late AY – GIN!!!! On top of her coming in an hour late her mom had decided that starting in two Thursday’s she’s going to pick her up early by an hour to an hour and half. That blows b/c she doesn’t get there till 9:30 or 10:00 regularly. Which basically beans she’ll be at school for maybe three out of five hours she’s paid for. I told the DR and she wasn’t too terribly happy and said she would try to talk to mom about it.
If you’re curious about our crier, I’ll have you know today was the best day he has had yet! He came in and we took his shoes and braces off again. Then the OT came in and finished the task and did therapy with him. After therapy we had circle time and he played with his SLT. He ate a lot of lunch again and drank all his ‘milkshake’ by mouth, which means I didn’t have to tube feed him anything! He took a nap and woke as I was leaving for my break. After nap I was able to change him and put him down to play on his own in the block center and was HAPPY!!!
My morning at work started out hectic. The net wouldn’t work and I was trying to show my CT about the ideas I saved yesterday for our art projects.
My afternoon was easy. I hung out with the babies for a little bit and then they dropped down so I talked w the DR and then got to finish my monthly summaries. Yep, that’s right I finished them before the 5th!
While I was reading my email and looking online a kid’s parent stopped and chatted w me. I’ve been kind of curious of him for a while. He’s recently divorced as in w/ the last year or so and he’s really friendly. I wonder if he’s nice and chatty to other teachers. Sometimes I think he’s a little bit for the ‘other team’ if you know what I mean.
Huby was really nice and helpful this afternoon. He helped me make bfast and lunch for tomorrow. He cut up my fruit and made my salad, with instructions of course. Then we sat down and ate dinner and watched House.
I did all right w choices today: bfast cantaloupe w cc (2PPs), salad w chicken and veggies (1PPs) veggies for snack, a cupcake (7PPs min), shrimp ‘fried’ rice (4PPs) and red wine (4PPs) and then chocolate marshmallow and chocolate wine (9PPs), totaling 27PPs w some guestimation.
Most exciting part about my day was either little man doing so well, finishing my summaries, and hubby helping me so I could get done earlier. Which one to choose, I just don’t know.
I’m glad you read in on me…
No comments:
Post a Comment