Ok, so I’ve decided to log about my day first, then all my food/eats. I figured that way people can find what they want to read easier: interesting tales of the day at top and food eats at the bottom. Not sure how long I’ll keep it this way, but I’m going to try it.
With that said I had an alright day that ended wonderfully! We didn’t get home to insanely late, at least for me, it was midnight when we got to the house plus I still ad to get ready for bed. I told Aaron next year we either aren’t going to go downtown or we are going to park closer to the exit and walk back in hopes that we can get out sooner. We sat in the same damn spot for almost an hour. I didn’t sleep soundly even though I got in bed late. I forgot to mention that the bathroom close to our room is out of commission, not the whole bathroom, just the toilet. I can still use the sink and shower which is a plus, but having to go to the other side of the house in the middle of the night sucks!!!!
We only had three kids today. The new teacher, male who I haven’t come up w a name yet, stayed in the room the entire time! My CT on the other hand was only in there long enough for circle time. She busied herself sending faxes and filling out paperwork during the a.m. After nap, which was a good one 2 of the 3 napped and the 3rd was pretty calm; CT had her 1 and ½ hour baby shower joint w a coworker’s wedding shower. I wasn’t going to attend it, mainly so I could avoid the cake instead of have will power, but I was seen walking back and forth each time and felt a bit awkward so I went in for ten minutes.
At the very end of the day my little man w Autism, lets call him Phish maybe?; actually used a sign we’ve been working on for a while. It was HUGE b/c he did it on his own! I started to lean down and prompt him but he did it completely unassisted! I was so excited that the toy he was requesting I tossed at him like a hot potato.
My CT came back into the room in time for the last kids to leave and we chatted about random nothings for a bit. I’m pretty excited though, b/c she kind of eluded to the name of her baby girl. She mentioned something about it being a name she didn’t think I’d like; they have had the name for a while and it’s just a coincidence that it might be the same name as one of our coworkers (the one who just sits and texts and has no motivation or direction of her own in our room). When I asked if her name was she just shrugged and said ‘IDK’, which wasn’t a denial but not an outright yes, but I think that I know her first name!!!!! I’m so excited. Now I’ve got to wait at least 3 months to meet her unless CT brings her in to visit before coming back.
Also I started trying to figure out how much vacation/sick time I have and will have so I can know whether or not I can take some days. I just finished calculating it and I think I’ve been shorted a little over four hours of sick time. Not usually a big deal, but that’s half a work day! I need to talk to our financial lady tomorrow but I know I’m supposed to be in a training all day.
The poison ivy on my right thigh looks a lot better. It’s not as bumpy w liquid and more flat and smooth. I think it was swimming in the salt water, which if that’s the case I thought about washing it in salt water? I have been applying bandages/bandaids w ointment regularly and by the time I get home it itches something awful!
Once I got home I did the same ol’ routine of prepping lunch and washing the dishes then made my dinner. Now that I’ve brought up food guess for anyone other than me who’s interested I’ll take responsibility now:
Bfast – fruit and yogurt parfait: banana blueberries w cherry acai yogurt. There wasn’t much acai flavor, more cherries.
Lunch – planned tuna. I mixed it w the usual (celery and onions) and tossed in a bit of bell peppers and two cherry peppers. Kind of plain. I also had some cucumbers on the side.
Snacks – carrots, pineapple, orange (planned). Two cookies and two bites of cake (Publix; had trouble resisting) and some punch (holy cow, I’m not usually a punch fan but this was good. It was pinkish and I know had gingerale. I think it had grapefruit concentrate and am sure there was some kind of sherbet but no clue which one).
Dinner – a kraut casserole: two turkey dogs mixed w two servings of kraut and half a serving of sweet peas topped with Dijon. I know it doesn’t sound good, but it actually was. Oh I also had like three chips and one bite of hubby’s crazy sandwich made with pizza crust.
Well that’s it I think. I’m sure if I think about something I’ll try to remember and enter it tomorrow.
Would you like to know my high? I really like that so I’m gonna keep doing it: my little Phish signing on his own!
Thanks for checking back in on me after my two month hiatus…
No comments:
Post a Comment