Well it’s kind of early for me to be writing ya, I usually do it around nine or so, it’s not even seven yet!
Overall my day was decent and easy enough. I had to go to the baby room so the LT could take her daughter to her special camp again and wasn’t able to get to my room till almost a quarter after. Luckily enough our Mr. was there and only one kid. Also the SLP was there to play with the kid. Once I got there though they trickled in one after the other. The first fifteen minutes or so I spent chatting with the parents intermixed w helping the kids take turns playing w the I-Pad. Four of the five attended today. There wasn’t anything extremely special that stands out. Each kid did something fabulous: Phish consistently signed ‘help’ as well as spontaneously reqested a turn to pick the song during circle time when he saw it was his fav prop., River said a really good bubbles three times, Tighty P fed herself and said ‘out’ really well, and Mr. T sang along during circle time (not really singing since he doesn’t talk, but totally babbling/humming ‘under his voice’).
I was able to the DN’s done and entered b/4 my lunch break. After nap all the kids participated really well in our art project.
I went back to the baby room and the DR called me in for a meeting at 3:30. Don’t think I mentioned on Friday that last Tuesday an SC mentioned a change happening in our center that I hadn’t heard about and I was sure would affect me (also how ticked I was that I hadn’t been told/included so when I was asked I about the change I wouldn’t look like a deer in headlights), but the DR FINALLY told me about the changes happening. I’m not too particularly happy about it, but I have to tell myself, keep your glass full and it will only be for two, maybe three months. So the biggest change, at least IMO is my schedule is changing, only by 15 mins, but still aggravating. I’m going to start working 8:45 to 5:15. I told the DR she may as well have me work 9-5 b/c I’m still going to get home at the same time (6) anyways. The other really BIG change is instead of being in my own room waiting on my CT to get back from maternity leave on M/W/F and in the full time center T/R a.m.’s, I’m now going to be in the full time center, in a classroom, all day, every day! So basically I’m going back to what I used to do, but making more money w a different title. I’m not sure what responsibilities will change, but we’ll see. This is just another reason for me to keep a calendar marking off the days till she comes back. I will admit I’m pretty excited about the two hours of down time a day!
On the way home I talked w the hubs; he wasn’t able to make it to the store t get me strawberries, so no succulent red fruit for me this week. I of course prepped lunch and bfast for tomorrow then did the dishes and sat down to eat dinner. While eating I finished the book I’ve been reading for the second time (I realized last night, 75 pages till the end).
Now I’ve got to admit how horrible my choices were today understand why I felt kind of icky.
Bfast – savory protein muffins w tropical fruit blend
Lunch – mango curry chicken salad w smoked chicken
Snacks – cherries, about seven one inch funfetti cookies, 3 two inch brownies, and a four inch slice of cake. (spread out through the day, not all at once mind you)
Dinner – left over veggie filled slaw w cheese (wasn’t too hungry, and it was filling enough)
Now I’m going to work on painting my nails and hope the hubs doesn’t get pissed bout the light being on. Or maybe not I feel kind of like ass, damn tooth!
Best part about today? Lame enough the food prep for tomorrow was easy and went quickly.
I hope you had a better day than me…
No comments:
Post a Comment