Well I scanned back through the few entries I’ve done in the last month and don’t guess I mentioned the excitement that was in the works for me today. It was my first day of working 8:15 til 5:15, even though the DR called me yesterday and asked me to close. I really thought I mentioned this but I couldn’t find it. Not only was it the first day of a new time schedule, but I also started in the Giraffes room with my new CT.
The day was easy and went pretty smoothly. We took turns and had the children rotate activities and had what I think is a lot of circle times and way too many diaper changes. I made the suggestion to set times to change and she seemed okay with the idea even though she said a semi snide remark along the lines of me ‘needing a diaper changing schedule’. It just kind of felt like we spent the whole day reading or changing and it shouldn’t be that way.
I had to break the infant room for an hour and then take my lunch, which kind of pushed me on the kids daily notes.
At four I headed over to the toddlers room to close; the AT had a doctor’s appointment. It was strange b/c one of the 4 kids was in the baby room on Friday and another one was brand new. There were left over cheese cubes in the staff lounge and I gave em’ to the kids for their late snack.
After all the kids were gone I was able to check my email and blogs b/4 heading home since the admin assist. was teaching swim class and I got a handful of salad recipes I’ll probably try out in the next days to come.
Upon arrival home I put away my stuff and did the dishes. I didn’t feel like prepping bfast and lunch so I just went straight to watching tv.
If you’re interested in my meals, you’re going to be a bit disappointed:
Bfast – banana and blueberries w white chocolate raspberry yogurt (an amazing flavor combo)
Lunch – a twisted greek salad
Snacks – lots and lots of cake and a cupcake with extra icing
Dinner – pickles, cherries, grapes, and turkey
Hopefully tomorrow will be better and I’ll make smarter choices.
I enjoyed playing w/ the four toddlers the most today.
I’m glad you are still following along…
No comments:
Post a Comment