Well we had an absolutely
fabulous day! I of course was up around
seven or so and hubs slept in till nine (I woke him). We started the laundry and got to mowing the
yard. I did the easy part (read riding
mower) while he did the hard part (yep, push mower). Sasha got to hang outside on the lead while
we worked and Aaron ran out of gas so she went w him to get more. I finished b/4 he got back and worked on the dishes. While he was mowing behind the garage he
noticed something interesting and pointed it out: WE’VE GOT TOMATOES!!!!!! Ages ago I wanted to start a compost bucket
and life’s happened so we don’t have one; instead we collect ‘compost’ material
in a plastic container and toss it in a pile behind the garage. Some where along the way nature took over and
gave us two plants, that’s right not just one, but TWO!!! Even more awesome, the large one is
flowering! I’m sure that the tomatoes
won’t be all that tasty if we get some, but it’s still really neat that it
happened on it’s own.
Okay, back to life – after mowing
and dishes and showering and ‘pedi’ we headed to the store. I looked online and discovered that Kroger
had peaches for $1.48 and grapes for $1.28 so we swung by there first. Next stop was Aldi’s. I won’t bother listing everything we got, but
I love this place more every time we do a large shop there. I stocked up on produce: onions, zucchini,
squash, tomatoes, mini bell peppers, cucumber, avocado, mushrooms, snow peas, carrots, green grapes,
strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries, as well as milk and frozen fruit,
AANNDDDD a fold out chair w a canopy for less than $90!!!!! I get so silly excited to find such awesome
deals.
Next we popped into Wal Mart,
where Aaron played with the door alarm (something in one of my reusuable bags
set it off and he was bound and determined to figure it out) while I picked out
bananas and grabbed a plain yogurt to make some more tomorrow (hopefully). I was torn and angry all at the same time;
they got a butt load of peaches in and had to mark them down for quick sale:
$.79 a lb!!!! I tried to rack my brain
and decide if I wanted oodles at that awesome price. However I left them there :’(.
We were done by 1, dropped off
and put away the cold stuff and headed to our Dishcrawl date. LOVED
IT!!!! Kocktails and Koture (the crab cake image was our sample) was pricey,
tasty, and ‘fru-fru’ as hubs calls it.
Music City Flats
was the best – a beef shoulder in a red wine demi-glace w garlic roasted mashed
red potatoes and kale and onion sauté.
Oh I finagled extra drink tickets so I sampled both tastes from K&K
and three from MCF. I loved the spicy
pink drink from K&K and the green apple sample at MCF. Then we stopped at the food truck; it was a fried tater
ball w a sweet and spicy sauce – IMO tasty and HOT!!!!! (temp not taste). The next stop was another food truck; a lemon
crepe – IMO not that big a deal, a nice lemon flavor but kinda soggy. Afterwards I headed to Colt’s and got two dark
bolts; LOVE these and so glad they let me get the dark chocolate ones. Hubs went to get the car and then we drove
over to Mirkko;
what a let down!!!!! I had one drink
ticket left so I got the chard, which was the wrong co’s. I’m not a big chard fan anyways and hadn’t
tried the one advertised; however the one they gave I have had and was room
temperature (read bleh). Also the pasta
was dried and cakey cold.
With the first few being a big
hit and the price being decent, can not wait for another one!!!!
Since the pasta wasn’t that great
and I had shared most of my meat, potato ball, crepe, and pasta w the hubs I had
plenty o’ room to go to dinner w the family.
We went to the Habachi place in Madison and I joined foursquare on hubs
cricket.
My high of course was a great day
with my wonderful husband!
Are you on foursquare? What is that all about and how does it
work???
No comments:
Post a Comment