HAPPPY FRIDAY FOLKS!!!!
Today was water play at school and would you believe that I ran off an left my swim wear at the house?!?!? I had Aaron dig it out and everything. I had it packed and in the bag ready to go next to my purse and realized as I was getting on the interstate that it was still on the bed. Most of the teachers came in wearing their gear, but the bottoms are just so uncomfortable to wear, that whole stick to ya not cotton material like panties. I had planned on changing when we got our 10:00 potty break, but told the kids not to spray me. Most of them listened. I had to remind our oldest kid and stay out of the way of one of the younger ones (he was just testing the distance it squirted).
My CCT3 was stressed that it was going to be a challenge (she hates water days b/c of this fact), but we worked out a system to make it easier: send out a few kids at a time to start and slowly trickle them out and bring them back to class in the same order (that way only two or three are redressing at a time rather than 14/15 at once.
The rest of the day was pretty busy too. The ED son and the little girl who dances (can't remember the handle I've given her) would not listen when it was time to go to the gym so I sent them to the two's class. I'm pretty sure it made the ED really upset; but I'd tried everything else I possibly could and he just would not listen. The rest of the class had already missed some of their play time b/c of them and I didn't think it was fair for them to miss anymore. I'm wondering if I get a 'lecture' about it next week.
I haven't been recording my foods this week, no real reason other than it's just been late at night and I've been ready to turn in, but today I'll tell you (at least some of it). I made a sundried tomato and basil hummus using the protec and it was AWESOME!!!!! It wasn't the consistency I wanted; probably b/c I only wanted a single serving rather than using the entire can.
Adapted from EveryDayMaven
Ingredients
1/2 can beans, drained, cleaned, and deskinned
1/2 t garlic powder
1 T tahini
water (just to make the machine run)
2 T lemon juice
sprinkle to taste of salt, chili powder, a random spice blend in
the cabinet,
7 g s.d tomatoes (not the oil ones) and 7 leaves of fresh basil
+ 1/2 t d. basil
To make
I threw it all into the blendtec and processed until I was
satisfied.
*changes next time: heat the beans and water like Maven did and maybe use the oil packed s. d. tomatoes*
**I don't know the WW points for this. I weighed the serving and ate half**
I ate it w lots of fresh veggies and it was sooooo good!!! Aaron actually liked it to and it got more herby and smoky over night.
Aaron had the day off today so he was uber sweet and made us dinner: spinach mushroom feta stuffed chicken breast (his had bacon inside and out), mashed cauliflower for me, and steamed broccoli. Thanks hun! I only half the chicken breast and almost all the cauliflower (he made almost two cups).
Allrighty off to bed. My high today was the awesome dinner w hubs.
Do you ever make hummus and tweak? Any tips on the silly skin on those beans?
No comments:
Post a Comment