Well I’m sure you’d LUVVV to hear how if I could start this day over and try again…
Hubs and my alarm went off at the same time, but of course he dismissed his and fell back asleep. Yes he was still sleeping when I got out of the shower. Which means he didn’t play w the pup very much nor have time to really say ‘bye’, just a quick peck and running out of the door.
Since we got home later and had so much crap to do (hence the reason there’s no entry from yesterday) I had to make lunch b/4 leaving out. With that knowledge I still had a few minutes b/4 clocking in to gather myself.
Here’s the best part of my day: I fell! Not just a normal fall down forward catch yourself trip, but a I was picking up a kid and another kid sat down behind me and I didn’t know it and fell backwards while holding the child and was not able to catch myself. So I banged my knee, butt, elbow, and head. I didn’t know it at the time and I’m pretty sure I may have pulled a muscle in my neck (it hurts to turn right and up as well as just sitting up now).
So after falling in front of everyone (yep grown ups and kids alike) the day was ridiculously busy! Today was the first day of our ‘summer program’ and we get to go outside from 8:00 to 8:30 and there were 18 kids b/4 8:30! In case you’re wondering that number almost maxes us out ratio wise (one teacher to nine kids).
From there it was almost non stop till I left. We’ve also lost our summer schedule so were’ not a hundred percent sure of what comes when. Additionally I got paperwork time today (YAY), but didn’t have the accessibility to gather the supplies I need for tomorrow (the PC has them and was out today) so instead I worked on our new assessment program.
At 4:00 it wasn’t too terrible, just busy and our newest peer (who started today – and I’m sure will be given a moniker) wanted to play on the computer… so I had to create him an avatar/account. I got out about three minutes late, but that didn’t put me home too much later than normal.
However when I got home I had me another wonderful treat. Sasha had pooped nine or ten times, thrown up once (real good) and had a couple of bile like spots. Additionally I discovered that she got a hold of a CD and the case and did god knows what to it. I found a couple of large pieces of the case and several shard like pieces by her cushion. The case had a CD in it, but the paper that was on the ground was to a different one which I did not find. With that discovery I called the vet. The one we usually attend tried to refer me to an emergency place in Cools Springs (and with it being rush hour would have taken me at least an hour to an hour and a half to get there) but I inquired about having an x-ray done just to see if she had any obstructions. The lady told me yes but I’d be charged an ER fee, which I totally didn’t mind paying. She also said that blood work wouldn’t be back till tomorrow, which wasn’t too terribly important to me; I just wanted to know that she did not have anything in her body that could be harmful or lethal. So the lady told me to go ahead and come in. Well when I got there the doc informed me that x-rays don’t view those materials and I’d have to go to the ER for an ultrasound if I wanted to know for sure. After twenty or so minutes I decided to ‘gamble’ and ‘wait it out’. We came home, knowledge in hand of what to look for, and tips on just in case she’s got stuff in there. Did you know that you can give them bread (theoretically/wife tales not scientific or anything), semi large amounts, and it’ll pack around the object in order to help it pass? So now I’m outside watching and waiting for a BM. Some signs are belly discomfort, restlessness, downward dog, and blood in vomit and/or bowels. Also some drooling, not eating, and something else (it’s on the paper inside the house). Lots to watch for all on my own – yep that’s right the hubs is out of town yet again so I’m a single parent. Oh and we don’t get to go to the park for a few days or so!!!! Bet I’m going to have a horrible god awful no count terrible miserable tossing turning up every hour kind of night!
K, after we got back from the vet I had to finish cleaning. I thought about scrubbing the spots of ‘dirt’ but there was just too much. Instead I opted to mop! I mean really mop, like with a bucket of baking soda, water, and Dawn. I thought I was doing an awesome job only to learn that the industrial b. soda leaves a really strange film on the floor (gonna tell hubs he gets to rinse tomorrow if he makes it home at a decent hour). I also cleaned out my tub since I had the b. soda out and got the bleach down. Here’s another shitty moment for ya: I got the bleach down off the top shelf in the dry storage/mud room and somehow unbalanced the deteregent. Well the detergent fell of the shelf onto the deep freezer. Not a big deal right? WRONG!!! The bottle was fine, minus the cracked top and a little mess, but it landed at just the right angle, right spot, and with enough force to dent the edge of the freezer! So now the freezer does not close all the way on the right side. To close it I placed the heavy ass tub of b. soda on it and noticed the left side popped up. I just about broke down. Rather than cry like I wanted I called Aaron and asked him to please help me use his brain (also at this point I was a little shaky from the unknowing of digesting plastic) to think of something else heavy in the house to weigh down the other side. He suggested all the detergents and her dog food box as a back up (after I asked). I decided to use the dog food bin first b/c I didn’t want to climb up and get down for bottles of detergent. The box was not enough so I placed one container of detergent on top and it worked. I really hope that he is able to fix the dent and the lid will close once he gets home. Cross your fingers for me.
After doing all of that I made dinner and sat down to watch some Stargate Atlantis. I didn’t get to really enjoy my dinner and show though b/c I’m too worried about the puppy. As of a few minutes ago when we came inside I noticed a little drool on her jowl which was a sign of ER visit on the doctors sheet. She’s eaten some, the last half of her food, a piece of bread, and a second one with pb. I’m gonna be ill if we have to go in the middle of the night and can’t decide if we should go ahead and go or not. I put my second glass of vino away in case I need to drive. Guess I’ll talk to Aaron about it after I get done.
B/4 I leave:
Bfast – cantaloupe and cc, the good stuff
Snack – 3 vanilla wafers and grapes
Lunch – tomato cucumber salad w cheddar cheese (I forgot my LC)
Snack – veggie straws, two pieces of chocolate, and iced coffee
Dinner – revamped LO gyro plate. When I got it the other day they left out the sauce :’(
I heated it up
Made a salad of spinach and 7 super slaw w red onion and
p. peppers
Topped with ranch
Tossed and served with vino.
IMO – way better than the first time around!!!!
Oh yeah I’ve also misplaced my original jump drive with the saved entries and had to use my back up.
K, Sasha is barking about something. If I had to give a high it’s that the day is over.
What’s the worst your pet has swallowed/done?
No comments:
Post a Comment