Monday, June 28, 2010

F me

So my coworker is on vacation on Thursday 15 and Friday 16 of July. Well I come in this morning and double check that the boss wants me to come in early and run her shift so the floater can run mine. Well her response is "no come in at your regular time and work your regular shift, I'll go to your class since there will only be four kids". (I asked b/c I'd like to go out of town and see my mom since I haven't seen her since March and I've seen my dad a dozen or so time since then.)
Well I was irked, every other classroom gets to do this and someone else comes in and closes while they work the early shift. So I go downstairs and vent and say "watch I bet they want me to come in early and stay till the end of my shift". Sure enough, I'll be damned, checked my email and I'm supposed to come in early. How FUBARed is that? If I didn't' love this job (which may not sound like it later on b/c I've got lots of complaints about the women I work with) I'd really have to bite one and do something else. But I do, I'm here for all these wonderful children and their families. Stupid lazy supervisor/upper management/totem pole politics.
On a positive note she said I could leave early if the numbers were okay. What I don't get is the floater is hired for the sole purpose of our two combined classes in the basement to be in ratio. There are three of us in the afternoon. One leaves at 4:30, one leaves at 5:00 (me), and one stays to the end 5:30. Well there are usually eight or so kids left when the 4:30 person leaves, so I have to stay until the last person is in ratio (one to five) which is usually around 5:15ish. So if the floater works till 5:30, why can't I leave at 4:00? I mean there will still be three teachers until 4:30 and then there will be two teachers with the correct amount of children, it's what we are doing right now!!!
Well I'm sure come in a few weeks I will have something else to say on this matter, I hope it's a positive statement!!

No comments:

Post a Comment