Thursday, June 24, 2010

Too much...

So there was too much that I wanted to talk about to give this post a real title. I have to clock in for work in less than ten minutes so I probably won't finish and will do it during lunch break or in the morning (since I don't have Internet at home, guess I could just "write" the blog and copy and paste).


So I had the darnedest (real word, I swear) time getting my first blog to post last night. I tried several times. Had to finally break down and call my wonderful genius computer knowledgeable friend and have her help me. She had the simplest answer: did you verify your email account? Of course not, I don't remember a prompt saying to do that so why on earth would I even think of doing it? Guess that just goes to show ya how I'm not that savvy with all this stuff. However I'm learning and then I'm sure I'll get to teach my dad someday soon once I tell him I'm blogging (if I do, b/c I'm sure at some point I'll post something about him and won't know if I want him to read it or not). Back to the point, I got on this morning and verified my email and there was my very first post ever for the whole world to see, HOW EXCITING!!!!

So yesterday after work I'm getting ready to go to my car to drive home and my husband informs me that he bought a "new" (to him) to mower and wanted to play with it a bit (ours broke and we haven't been able to mow for several weeks) he keeps borrowing this thing called a scag (don't know if that's how it's spelled), it's one of those mowers you see people standing on to mow large lawns like at universities and what not. So I hung out and created my new B!t(h podium!! Well when I get home he tells me there are all these things he needs to fix before it runs "right". Tires are new and engines good, but seat is torn, blades stick, it cuts uneven, and several other things I can't remember!! His positive personality says "but since the tires are new they basically pay for the mower itself" (supposedly each tire runs about 65 bucks and he paid 175 total) then of course he's got to buy all these parts to make it run, so was it really a good investment? Only time will tell.


On another odd note, I've discovered that I can only go to "our gas station" before six p.m. BACK NOTE: A few weeks back I stopped there (instead of the one closer to the restaurant b/c the price was like a few cents more (gotta save it where ya can)) on my way home btwn twelve and one and there was this friendly cop making sure everything stays safe. Well of course I looked like HELL, it was on a Saturday where I'd been out of the house since tenish (went shopping till 2, went to a wedding at 2, went shopping some more till 4, went home changed clothes and worked till 10ish, then went to the reception till 11:30ish). Well I'm super friendly and thought that since he was talking to me and being a PO and all I should be friendly. He was nice, until he started to hit on me (by mentioning something about being married and my husband should be working hard to take care of me instead of me working all the time), then I just blew it off with some wonderful comment. HERE COMES THE KICKER (shame on me for being judgemental, but oh well)... He smiled! NOW I WAS SCARED!!! I'm a huge person for having a nice smile and when ya don't I kinda have a bit of a problem (wouldn't ever say it out loud), but it's really hard to look at someone when they've got a mess going on in the most obvious place on your face! I was a little wigged. END OF BACK STORY So I finished with my attempt at blogging and went home. Left at 6:15 or so, stopped and got gas around 6:40. The PO was there! I thought surely I look different and he wouldn't recognize me (I was in my school work clothes, lots of color, not black like the restaurant) and my hair was down, and I didn't look like I'd been run over with a tank; oh no he did. I tried to avoid the eye contact but could totally tell he was looking at me (ya know the feeling). So I politely smiled and scooted out. Thank goodness he was talking to some other man in a bright yellowish green work vest or I might have had to be in an awkward position and wouldn't have known what to do. I think I would have said something like "gotta make dinner" or something.


BTW for anyone who's interested my waiting Mexican dinner was DELICIOUS!!!


Well that's it for yesterday, but I know I'll have something else to talk about for today...


Chow

No comments:

Post a Comment