So I haven't posted in a couple of days, but that's okay, because really who cares?!?, if you do thanks let me know.
Anywho, there hasn't been anything that I've just had to talk about so now that I have a few minutes I'll share a few things of note in the past couple of days.
ummm..... let's see,
Monday one of the children on my caseload who has a "special need" walked 23 feet all by them self! The child would have gone farther, but there were two bikes in the way and we had to stop and check them out. This is the farthest the child has walked here at school.
Tuesday afternoon around 2:30 we had a fire drill at school. Usually it's not that big of a deal, but it was my turn to do paperwork. I was getting all my stuff out and I asked if I could stay in and work on it (it's due by the 5th of every month) and the assistant boss told me no and to go see if any of the other teachers needed help. The first two classes I asked didn't, the third, being the infant room with four children, didn't either. Big deal, right? Well it was because there were still two children in their cribs! One of them was asleep and the other woke up when the alarm went off. I started to get the waker out but the assistant teacher told me the boss said the babies that were sleeping could stay asleep. So I finished making sure that no one needed any help and went outside. Should also mention that the alarm was done ringing. Well I asked the boss since it was just a practice and now we were done if I could go back inside and finish. She also told me no. This is where I really got irked, how do they expect me to finish my junk if they keep me out when I'm not really needed? So I only lost about ten minutes, which didn't do much harm this month, but it could have.
Tuesday, a little bit before 9 p.m. I'm about to make my lunch for Wednesday, when I stop to ask my husband if he had any clue what he might want for dinner tomorrow. I only asked so that I could plan my lunch out (points and veggies and fruit).
His response: "we haven't had fish in a while, ooh wait, what about those steaks you bought, no you know what I haven't had in a while? A big dinner salad. That's what I think we should have. "
I kinda look at him and just grin. He wants to know why. I told him "I've had salads and planned on having one for lunch tomorrow, but I guess I can change that."
So we proceed to plan out what all we want/need for our salad and I have to find a back up lunch plan. Usually not a big deal, but I've gotten used to having light lunches (5 points max) and saving 8 or so for my dinner. Well I thought about making tuna salad, but just didn't really feel like it. Instead I opted for my old stand by a Lean Cuisine, which is either 5.5 or 6 points and some fruit. Which positively enough still leaves me with 3 points to play with through out the day. Yay me!! So I get to pack a delicious new Snack Away Oatmeal Cream Cookie for 1 point and still have something random (maybe some wine).
Today, being Wednesday has been pretty good too. This morning on the playground I was talking to one of my children about something, haven't a clue now, but was important to us. I told that child "stop, that's groady". The child laughed and started repeating the statement like a parrot around the playground. I wonder if child will go home and repeat it mom and dad?
For lunch today I got lucky! We had left over ravioli and I got to have some. In case you're wondering a cup is 4 points and a cup of the 99% fat free kind is 4 points too. I think this is strange, but I know why. The regular has twice as much fiber as the low fat kind. This is exciting because now I know there's something else out there for me to eat. I was talking to my friend who did WW for a while and lost her goal. It's shocking how I used to eat lots and lots and lots of portions of food, but now that I've been eating the "right" portion for the last year and a half, I usually get full off the smaller amount.
Well now I get an extra two points for the day! A whole glass of wine!
No comments:
Post a Comment