Well those are the tears of sadness, but today I find out this chick (that I love, she's great) gets a "promotion" and she's only been there about a year or so! Ever since I started working the restaurant I've always wanted to work in the bar or be a cocktail server (they make way hella more money than a normal server). Every time I've asked they told me I couldn't make it to work early enough (gotta be there by four and I don't get off my day job until five) or couldn't "handle" doing it by myself on the few days I could (Mondays and Saturdays usually just have one CS). But of course my friend gets scheduled "accidentally" to do it on a Saturday night! I asked about it and how come I've still never been able to after five years of working there? The manager's response is "well I've got to try her and test her to see if she is able to or not". What about me? I never got "tested"! I know I don't suck I've gotten WAY TOO MANY COMPLIMENTS and very very few complaints (kinda funny how similar those two words look, huh). I know why deep down inside: b/c I'm not a b!t(h, she isn't either, but she isn't a sweet push over the way I am. I'll be the first to admit: I don't like to rock the boat. I take what I'm given and be grateful for it and do it to the best of my ability. Also she has had some experience as a bar tender at other places, and I haven't.
So when she told me I was a bit peeved and thought "to hell with them, I'm not going to be an on call person, f them, that makes me so pissed I'll just be done, they screwed themselves over". But I know that I'll take em' up on the offer if they call just because I enjoy working there overall and love the people. But I know if I show up and she is CS instead of on the floor I'll get angry all over again with jealousy.
Then there's "tears" (no really, just emotions) about one of my other friends at the restaurant loosing her job. I'm sure it's for a good reason and it's not like I'm going to see her again since I don't work there, but it's sad. She's been there awhile and has an important role. I'm sure you're wondering "if they are friends won't she see her outside of work"? Well it's kinda hard, she's a mom of two, they don't live close, and we run in different circles. We've talked about having a girls night once a month, but we'll see.
More positive "tears"..... This morning when I arrived to school one of my parents asked me to watch their kids in the near future. So at least I know that I'll still be having some sort of extra income until my husband starts making the big bucks.
No comments:
Post a Comment