Saturday, December 8, 2012

getting creative


Even though today started out as a bust it ended up good for the most part.  

There was a possibility that Sasha and I were going to have a play date w Franklin, my CCT3’s Shar Pei (sp?).  She msged me around ten or so, as I was calling Dickie, to let me know she didn’t want to do it since it was a bit raining off and on.  She decided she wanted to have some cuddle time with him.  

Since she canceled I went over to my IL’s for her to play with Bosco instead.  While I was over there Dickie had a great idea to help me with my x-mas presents (cork discs turned into holiday ornaments): soak the cork in water and then cut them.  He said it’d take a couple of hours, but I didn’t feel like waiting that long, so I upped the ante so to speak and put them in boiling water which made them swell much faster!  I was able to cut around 80 discs in about three hours (it wasn’t really that long I played w the dogs and checked blogs several times for several minutes in between).  

That really was the extent of my day.  I think Sasha is anti car riding I think.  When it was time to get in to go to their house and come home she played ‘tag’ (basically ran away).  Oh yeah, she learned how to jump up out of the den today!  

When I got home I fixed dinner (sautéed chicken w cucumber salsa glaze and roasted zucchini) and watched some Ghost Whisper.  I also knitted a few rows!  

I’m excited I finally figured out how to cut the corks into consistent discs!  

What did you do on this Saturday?   

No comments:

Post a Comment