Today wasn’t that terrible of a Monday at all. I got to work almost a half hour early, I thought maybe there was a late day at metro or I guess other people are just running a little behind. When I got there only one computer in the workroom would connect to the internet and it happened to be available so I checked all my emails and half my blogs. I also worked a bit more on my images for the letter ‘s’ for my supervised LC visit on Wednesday.
Once I clocked in I didn’t really have to go to my assigned class since she was in ratio, but I did anyways just to play with the kiddos while the teacher in there did care routines.
However once I got to my room it was a whole nother story! The little guy who’s been out sick for almost two weeks came back, but looked a little off. He was sitting at the table drinking his milk and watching his friends play. His eyes were really pink and puffy which I just attributed to being sick for two weeks and needing to get re-energized. WRONG – his eyes were still puffy and pink b/c he was still feeling bad; his entire carton of milk came back up! Mom came in and said she didn’t think he was sick anymore that it was just the milk and belly acid not mixing well (your not supposed to give kids milk w upset stomachs for that very reason), but he actually asked for milk and it was the first calories he’s wanted and actually consumed in a while (he’s mainly been drinking water).
After that the day went well. We only had 12 children (another lady was out) and our hard to handle two had good days. The hardest part was having to go to the gym during am and pm play due to rain. However my little lady (the one that screeches I was telling you about last Monday) did so great walking! She typically has to walk w two hands held maximum support and I’ve been working on walking with w less support. Well today she walked by herself almost the entire way across the gym; with several intermittent pauses (a few feet at a time the hugs and more walking). The greatest part about it was she asked ‘again’, clapped her hands, and cheered for more when asked!
The damn printer/copy/internet still wasn’t up and running so I had to inconvenience the DR several times to get papers printed. After my CCT3 typed the DN the DR printed it to the back printer and we had to hand-write in all the something specials; which I hate!
Our numbers dropped down to nine b/4 3 and I asked my CCT3 if she wanted to get out or share the time and she said I could go so I went.
Around 3:30 or so the DR asked if I could stay late, not to close a room, but to answer phones, the door, work on paperwork (which is much needed I was two months behind on seven kids) and help out around the building. I told her I didn’t mind and then she mentioned that the front desk assistant (FDA) would be leaving early. Then I mentioned/ask that if the DR wanted and could get the floater in my room I’d go out whenever the FDA left. So I checked numbers in the rooms and reported back to the DR and she said the floater could go in whenever the AT (thinking about calling her Nista?) in the baby room finished her assmt. Well the AT was done so I asked the floater to go in at 4:00 since all the numbers were okay after pushing just one kid and the floater got a bit huffy/aggravated. At a quarter to I found the floater up front talking to the AT (let’s call her Breadby?) from our 4 year old class and the FDA and I really needed to talk to my CCT3 so I asked if she could go in a few minutes early so I could get help. When I walked up to ask the ? Breadby was discussing how when she was in the workroom the other day it really upset her and then she stopped talking when I walked up. Which basically means that she was talking about me; b/c I’m pretty sure the floater was pissed and complaining like women do; and Breadby reciprocated the negative comments like women tend to do.
Told myself they needed to get over it and went about my business. Around 4:30 or so when I was in the room working on data collection on my goals the floater (doesn’t have a name yet) opened up when I asked if she was okay b/c she had just come back from the bathroom and looked a little off. She said yes she was upset b/c she felt like she was being taken advantage of due to the DR telling her one thing (I’d be closing and putting in the code) and me telling her something different (to go into my room so I could be up front and doing paperwork) within minutes of one another. Which kind of was my fault b/c I asked if I could stay out the entire time since numbers were low, but was also the DR’s fault b/c she didn’t mention that I wouldn’t be in the room till close. So we worked it out I guess, but I’m still really irked about Breadby’s comment. I just can’t get down w her so to speak and everyone else seems to really like her. I’m not sure why I feel that way nor am I really sure what I could have done the other day in the workroom that upset her other than the comment about I do my summaries/assmts similar to what I thought I saw her doing. Totally wish I was a more confrontational person!!
Since I agreed to close I didn’t get home till around close to 6:30, damn traffic was backed up something terrible! I did the usual evening prep and settled in to watch this movie (link Horrible Bosses) and laughed a lot! I’m not sure who the short guy is (Charlie Day?) but would love to watch something else he’s in.
While eating I finished painting my rough drafts of my Christmas ornaments w/ Aarons help and laced six more. It takes for ever to lace them and I really hope I can start doing it quicker.
My eats were pretty good today:
Bfast – cran blue berry 7 grain hot cereal
Lunch – canned veggie soup
Snacks – fruits and tasty veggie straws (those things are soooo addictive).
Dinner – black bean burger w roasted onions and peppers
I ended up having a glass of wine w dinner only b/c hubby cracked open a beer and it made me crave a glass.
I’m glad I got October’s goal sheets handed in finally!
Thanks for letting me moan this long…
No comments:
Post a Comment