Tuesday, December 4, 2012

training on my own, in the rain


Day four of puppy life!  Well hubby left at a few minutes till five and then I got up at five.  After showering, eating breakfast, and getting halfway ready for work Sasha and I went outside to play for close to thirty minutes.  She did sooooooo well!!!!!  She went over the concrete (she’s not too fond of it I think due to her pads still being a little soft from playing in grass and being a puppy and all) and ran to my whistle from around two corners!  When it was time to go she wasn’t too fond of having to climb into her crate this morning.  She went to the door acting like she needed to go potty only to lie down on the grass and just look at me.  I had to actually put her in, but then rewarded her so she knew it was okay.   

I got to work early enough to transfer funds to dad and check my emails to delete the trash, but not actually look at the items.  

The first hour was okay, but a little after eight one of the little ladies had a diarrhea and when I called her dad he made a semi huge deal about picking her up.  I knew he was going to since mom is out of town.  I told him he needed to be there within an hour and he said the earliest he could be there was noon, due to several reasons.  He ended up calling back and said he’d be there around eleven.  He finally showed up at around eleven thirty five or so.  

In relation to the rest of the class it went smoother than I thought since my CCT3 was out and the floater actually pulled her weight (or the kids weren’t too terrible awful).  It hit a rocky spot around 10:10 b/4 going to the gym and went mad crazy right b/4 lunch b/c of all the xtra help we had.  The DR came in and was prepping applesauce for all the kids, but they didn’t need it (not to mention I didn’t know we were supposed to give it to them).  Then the DR tried to help the floater pass out milk, but did it wrong (we give the kids open cartons and wrapped straws and they open the straw and put them into the cartons on their own – the DR was putting the straws into the cartons while the floater was passing out straws; basically double strawing our children which is a huge wasit!).  Also the LC came in and tried to talk to the kids, but they really only get wound up when she comes in rather than follow the rules AND we only have one sink for the kids to wash their hands AND the floater had trouble following the command: sit on carpet and read them a book.  

After nap wasn’t that bad, we actually had another child leave since he had a diarrhea too.  From then on it was easy.  We were low in numbers, had fun playing in the gym, spent time out chatting w the DR for a few minutes as well as looking through some donated books from the lady who does our payroll (not sure her title).  

When we got back to the room from gym time I attempted to get our stuff together for tomorrow since I was pretty sure my CCT3 is going to be out tomorrow too.  It’s kind of nice not actually having to be the one responsible and make sure to get other stuff together for a change.  

After I clocked out I checked FB to see if there were any responses to my ?: where can I take puppy to play indoors or somewhere dry since it rained almost all day today.  There were three, two of which I’d never heard of b/4 and the third I was pretty sure was more of a doggy day care kind of place rather than somewhere I can take her to play with her.  

On the way home I called the lady who posted the info and chatted w her for a few.  The place is a doggie day care like I thought.  She and her new baby are doing well.  While talking I found out that she basically wishes or doesn’t like that most people treat her differently now that she’s a mom.  I confessed I was sure I was one of them.  I feel a bit awkward calling moms b/c I’m worried about interfering w their family time.  Her response was the same as Amanda: if I can’t do it I’ll let you know.  (did I ever tell you that when I mentioned something to Amanda about hanging out that day she thought I was supposed to call her and I thought she was supposed to let me know?)  I know I read way into things, but today I thought there was a strange vibe.  I’m sure it’s just b/c she’s busy w planning for our x-mas party on Thursday since it’s at her house!  So back to my other friend the new mom.  She’s available on Wednesday to do things.  So I told her the first Wednesday I had free I’d call and see what she’s doing.  
When I got home Sasha and I played together for a long time.  From around 4:30 to 6:00 or so.  I kept her in the den while I did my daily routines.  She did something absolutely amazing: I put her out through the den door and shut it.  When I watched to see what she would do I saw her shoot across the door.  I thought maybe she was something only to learn that she had realized that she could go to the back door, scratch, and then come in!  So smart for just three/four days!  Oh yeah she’s 11 weeks today!!!!!

We had a lovely evening together: playing footsie/chew toy and cuddling.  The hardest part was she kept piddling everywhere!  Also she fell asleep on the couch while I was knitting and when I got up to go to the restroom so did she, in the floor infront of the door, while I watched from the toilet!  Aaron will be so proud to learn that while waiting form me she just chilled in the bedroom on his clothes until I came in there!  

My CCT3 is going to be out again tomorrow.  She didn’t eat until this evening and that was a saltine.  The upside is I get to work the early shift again!  Hopefully it won’t be raining and Sasha and I can play better and longer outside!  

My eats:
Bfast – blueberry banana 7 grain cereal
Lunch – chicken salad & teeny pizza slice
Dinner – mac and cheese w venison summer sausage w a hearty lass of wine.  
Snacks – three gummy worms, apple, carrots, six cookies, and a few pieces of chocolate

I’m not sure what made the day the best: Sasha running a full lap this morning or going to the back door to be let in. 

What do you do with your puppies (if you’ve had one) on rainy days?...

No comments:

Post a Comment