We had us a nice day; I sort of slept in (till 7!) and enjoyed a leisurely bfast till hubby got up. That’s right a day w my man! It seems like it’s been soooo long; two weekends in Paris and if I’m correct I think he worked the one b/4.
When he got up I was doing busy work (dishes, laundry, a little cleaning) so he folded his laundry and put that away and then cleaned the mats off the top of the deep freeze! Not sure how long they’ve been there, but we’ve just been piling on top of them or lifting the lid w them on to dig right off the top. Now I’m hoping to utilize the foods again (or at least try).
Once he was done (I could still have done a few things around the house) we headed to the dog park for an hour and half. We didn’t really run into any of the normal puppy peers she usually plays with, but there was a new little guy. He looked like a puppy and played like one but was two years old. His name is Zilla (short for Godzilla – which is so funny since he’s tiny and all. Also humorous b/c the guy wanted to name him Godzilla and instead of telling his gf that he told her some weird name w Commander in it and she said ick, but totally accepted Godzilla; a small for of psych was pulled over her!!!). Zilla really enjoyed trying to get w Sasha, but I think she enjoyed it too after the initial shock b/c she kept going back to him after relaxing. On the way out of the park I noticed he had ink on the palm of his hand and had to ask if it was really there. Then we talked about tats for a couple minutes and he gave me the best advice I’d never heard of: when looking at portfolio’s don’t look at all the good stuff look at the worst piece and think ‘that could be mine for life’ and if you can live with it go ahead, if not find a different artist. That’s an awesome way to look at it.
In case you’re wondering why we didn’t stay longer it’s b/c I had to go to a baby shower. I’ll be honest and let you know that I felt a little out of place. There were eight gals plus me and the mom to be and I felt ridiculously out of place. All the people were either moms, to be, or want to be, and then there was me – little out of place non high school friend not a mom nor a longing to be walking dead inexperience in the corner. I finally got to eat one of Lindsay’s cakes: a chocolate vanilla orange combo w a gorgeous decoration. I wasn’t a big fan of the orange and chocolat combo; kind of reminded me of the orange cream candy in a mixed box of chocolate (which happen to be my (IMO) least fav piece of candy, it’s actually the piece I smash for so I don’t get a bit and then force Aaron to eat it. However the orange and vanilla combo was yummy and I loved the icing/frosting btwn the cake and fondant. I couldn’t figure out if was supposed to eat the fondant or not. I tried a couple bites, but just couldn’t eat it. I check out all the other chicks and the majority of them ate the top layer and left the side piece. I also found out that dinner this month is at Jonathans, which I would love to eat at, but it’s the night b/4 Iron Fork and I really need to save my money for CA (esp since I realized I really don’t have money in my account – I thought I had some only to discover from hubby that the amount was the stuff from the insurance agency I owed to the CC bill for the new roof we got).
After the shower I hung out at the IL’s and ate dinner and watched a movie
IMO it was a good movie. When reading it the synopsis it didn’t seem like one I’d rent on my
own, but it kept me in suspense quite a bit. Since I didn’t know the real story I had no clue how it
was going to play out.
To take responsibility for my eats:
Bfast – cantaloupe w cc
Snacks – a few nuts, a few wheat thins, grapes
Lunch – chips and salsa, fruit, nuts, and cake (curtsey of baby shower)
Dinner – DC burrito from Nuvo
IMO they shouldn’t charge as much as the do. I figured it’d be a ‘fancy’ burrito but was along the
lines of blue coast or baja. I think they should take more time to assemble it so the bites are
balanced. It was also a lot spicier than I thought it would be. There wasn’t all that much meat
either (which I only ate half so maybe there’s more in the other side) which made me thankful I
didn’t order the shrimp one I wanted). Also the tortilla got super soggy quick!
The best part of my day was the first half w my husband doing house stuff and playing at the park.
What are your thoughts on crème candies and fondant?
Hey Renee - just wanted to stop by and see how your Memorial Day was. Cannot believe it will be June 1 on Saturday already!
ReplyDeleteHugs!
Biz
It was nice: ate tons of food, hung out with friends, aged a year, and change the hubs opinion on other friends. What about yours? Thanks for askin'
Delete