Sunday, February 12, 2012

couch potato

Well today was another relaxed laid back Sunday.  Hubby and I both woke up at seven this morning.  After waking and showering I ate some cantaloupe and strawberries w a little sugar while reading my book. 

I only got to read for about fifteen minutes and it was time to call my dad.  While talking I enjoyed a couple cups of coffee and worked on my laundry. 

One thing I do need to remember from our conversation is that dad and mike want a seven and a half quart enamel covered cast iron twelve inch skillet.  They said Bass Pro has one for around seventy bucks.  I’m also supposed to check out the twelve tier coconut cake (from my text which I’ve deleted) from ‘Throwdown w Bobby Flay’. 

After we finished I read more of my book.  It’s at the point to where I want to read and read and read, but torn b/c I know that it’s toward the end, but I don’t want to stop.  It’s like a double edged sword – want to finish to see what happens but don’t want it to stop. 

After that Aaron got out of bed and we’ve been sitting around watching TV on DVD.  Medium first, two discs, and now the most recent season of NCIS that Ross owns. 

For lunch today I ate some fancy cheese and crackers w a little bit of cheddar and jalapeño venison smoked sausage.  I’d like for the Yoder bros to put extra pepper in it next time.  I got a really spicy bite and wished they were all that way.  I also ate two fruits for snack.  In addition to that I drank a cup of my new hot tea I bought yesterday.  I tried the red le marche spice.  It smelled better than it tasted.  A little bit of cinnamon in the throat and kind of sweet (thanks to the red tea).  For dinner we had fancy lettuce (spring mix) salad w steak.  I tossed it w bell peppers, onion, tomato (which was amazing for this time of year), egg white, and cucumber.  I tried it w raspberry balsamic and ff ranch and preferred the balsamic better. 

Aaron teased me about eating chocolate everyday last night before bed so I’ve attempted to make appoint today – I haven’t had a single piece!  It’s been a bit of a challenge, honestly.  I’ve realized the reason I eat the chocolate is b/c I want a sweet bite, but not a whole dessert and that chocolate satisfies the sweet need.  I’d also really like a cup of decaf coffee, but think it’d might fill my belly too much and make me uncomfortable.

Now that I’ve told you about the relaxing part of my life I’m going to pay full attention to our new show.  The best part of today was just being w the huney.

Thanks for hanging in there w me…

No comments:

Post a Comment