HOLY SCMOLY, can you believe it’s been ten days since I’ve journaled? Well I’ll do my best to keep this semi short and sweet (it is going to be a catch up so to speak of the last week).
Thursday 2/16/12
An extremely rough day. We were really short staff and the DR decided to really mess up the way things run in a room. My CT and I had to split our class into two rooms in the full time center. I took a few kids w me to the Toddlers and she took the other half to the Two’s. The teachers that I got to play w bitched and bitched and were very, whats the word?, unfriendly? They saw my kids doing things and instead of helping they just pointed it out. One time I couldn’t help my kid b/c I was busy changing a diaper and had to actually say out loud ‘please go help him’, while they were just staring at him! They also didn’t help put out mats, or clean em up, or sit them down, or even play w em’! ERRRR makes meangry just thinking about it.
At night I met with one of my book clubs and we were supposed to talk about our book. The beginning of the meeting was all about the future books (about twenty or so minutes) and then we discussed three question (I can’t remember them exactly but I think it was about our overall opinion, how it ended, and what we thought of Jude and Gracie/Ariel). I had to cut out early b/c I still needed to pack for my weekend trip; all the girls ragged me about staying till nine, but I didn’t finish packing (and prepping lunch) till midnight! Thank goodness I left when I did instead of waiting another hour to be involved in the actual discussion!
Friday 2/17/12
I worked a half day on this day. I was actually out of the building at one as planned. I only got thirty minutes to do any sort of paperwork today, which was spent calling a parent and talking for fifteen minutes. The day was easy enough – opened the big kids, gave the Toddlers an hour of time, went to give the 3’s time, but their LT was in a meeting so I went back to the big kids for an hour and a half. At noon I went back to the 3’s and waited until my time ended. The LT in there was nice and let me use her laptop to balance my check book.
I got to Kathy’s by one twenty or so, tossed my bags in the car, climbed in and we were off. The ride down was okay. I sat in the third row all by myself. We got to Atlanta around six thirty or so. Settled into our rooms and relaxed for a little bit then went to JTC for dinner. Two girls ordered apps and shared. I liked them both. The squash fritters w Brussels sprouts were amazing! We talked about how to make the sprouts at home. The other was fried pork belly w fried banana and slaw. The chick who ordered the pork didn’t like it. I had two bites. The first was all porky bbq tasting and the second was more crusty w black pepper. Loved both bites. However b/c it was so dark I wasn’t sure about the accompanying sauce and took a taste only to find out it was just mayo!!!!For dinner I ordered the Cracker Jack salad (arugula, thinly sliced ham (almost prosciutto like), onions, spicy peanuts, caramelized popcorn, blue cheese (I think), and apple cider vinaigrette on the side). I like it. I was shocked about the ‘ham’, think it would be better w thicker pieces, after all it is a country like food place.
Saturday 2/18/12
Today we shopped. We went to IKEA, pretty neat. I didn’t really find anything I had to have other than some jelly/jams – ligonberry (what is that, need to find out), gooseberry, and orange & elderflower marmalade. Then we stopped at Starbucks where Alison called me/told me I was being a baby. Before stopping in I said I’d need help understanding their redonkulously monsterous menu and they said ok. Well once we got inside I tried to ask what things were (considering it was only the fourth time I’d ever been in one) and nobody listened and I felt like an idiot. Since no-one wanted to be helpful I just decided to forgo the drink; and she thought I was being a baby b/c I decided I didn’t want the damn cup anymore. While shopping I only bought a Thank You gift for Allison (yes the same chick who called me a baby, she was the organizer of the event this weekend).
After shopping at the shops we went to a little trendy place kind of like Hillsboro shops where once again I didn’t buy any products. I’d been craving ice cream something awful and when we went into De Cacao they had ice cream. I got half a scoop of pistachio and half a scoop of cappuccino swirl w Cacao nibs. It was the most expensive scoop of ice cream I’d ever bought – 5.00! For about ¼ to 1/3 of a cup. However it was the creamiest too. It was sooooo creamy I could feel the thickenss on my tongue and roof of my mouth linger after every bite. I felt even worse about eating it b/c all the skinny girls wouldn’t even go into the chocolate store AND the next store they were shopping in (which was full of teeny tiny clothes) had tons of mirrors; so every time I turned around I saw my chubby self shoveling that creaminess in my mouth and felt a weeee bit guilty.
It started to rain so we went to TJ’s so we could all buy some ‘two-buck-chucks’. It’s really neat that wine can be bought in the grocery store. This was another point where I felt like an odd ball in the group. I really wanted to take my time and look through what they had to offer and the other girls were in such a hurry to get out. It kind of aggravated me that I was the one that had to be rushed but they could all take their precious sweet times in the teeny clothing for Barbie Gucci priced clothes.
For dinner we went to a neat Pasta Place. The free bread basket was amazing. There were two different kinds of breads – one had whole chunks of different kinds of olives & the other was plain. The dips served were a fancy butter, an oil & balsamic, and a pate. I actually liked the pate! It was twangy like olives. It was really good w the butter too. My dinner was okay. I ordered ‘the chef’s special’. Which was a sample of what he wanted to give me, which ended up being a pasta dish Allison ordered (fettuccini w peas, mushrooms, and a gorgonzola cream sauce), one that a couple other girls ordered (some sort of gnocchi), and a stuffed ravioli. Some of us ordered desserts. I had a liquid one: coffee hinted w Grand Marnier. Different, but yummy. We didn’t go out, but went back to the hotel room instead. How dull and boring of us, huh?!?! I did enjoy the boss and server at the place.
Sunday 2/19/12
On this day we got up and headed out. Since noone else wanted bfast I had em stop in at the lobby so I could get a cup of coffee for the road and a yogurt parfait. We shopped at the outlet malls in GA. The ‘leader’ invited me to walk w her through the home stores and I did. I only bought a shoe sized bags of goodies from a kitchen store while all the other girls had bags and bags of expensive fancy clothes I envy. We ate lunch in the Courtyard. I had a club salad. Then we had to go to one last stop: Michael Kors, which I had never heard of. All the girls described it as one of the best designers ever, with wonderful cuts and soft materials that flattered every shape and size. However when we got in there it was all purses, which I just don’t see the need for (at least in my career and ECA); so I wondered around the closest stores. I was also jealous of the ‘organizer’ b/c she dropped a pretty penny on a gorgeous pair of wedges I wanted from Nine West. I told her that I’d have to borrow them from her at some point this summer.
I was excited that we didn’t stop at a Starbucks like everyone wanted (only b/c we couldn’t find one) and stopped at one of the fanciest Gas Station coffee bars. There were about eight to ten diff coffees, lots of flavored sugar pumps, flavored creamers, spices, all kinds of sugars, basically. In addition to all that were two frozen slushy like coffee machines and one iced. & to ice that cake it only cost me 1.04! I used my travel thermos and they counted it as a refill!. One of the girls in vehicle was extremely fussy that we didn’t go to SB. She cursed and slammed doors and refused to even listen about the neatness of the whole bar inside.
By the time we got to N’ville and I got home my dam of emotions broke and I weeped a bit. I won’t bore you w all the whininess that is me, but basically I felt like Brittany Murphy in her role from Clueless.
I’m not really sure about all the other stuff that’s happened this week, I mean it has been a whole week! I’ve struggled emotionally w the newest friend crying, but that’s it really. I hope I can get back into the routine and keep it up.
Glad you hung in there with me…
No comments:
Post a Comment