This might sound a wee bit silly but I think it’s wild that today is the second day of the second month. The first month went by sooooo fast! I kind of think I should look back at all my entries and note the most impressive or maybe the one that was the most valuable one to me and maybe reevaluate the situation? One of the blogs I follow does a most popular post at the end/beginning of the months, but I don’t do recipes (not yet anyways).
Well as usual I’d like to record my bfast – oatmeal w bananas and peaches. It was much yummier then the peach and berry combo. This time I cooked the oats with the banana first for two minutes and the peaches for a minute and a half. The bananas sweetened the oats so I didn’t have to use any sweetner and the peaches stayed solid and yummy. I read some more of my book club book. When I was getting dressed I read the inside flap w the synopsis and I kind of wish they’d left out the romantic detail. The first few pages of the book make you question it.
Of course I arrived early to work. I remembered to print of my groupons for mAmbu for me and my hubby to use (wanted to say hopefully but they expire on Monday) soon. I also had enough time to actually read two of my back logged foodgawker recipes.
The day was crazy wildly strange. When I arrived I noticed my CT’s car in the lot. I mention this b/c she very rarely arrives to work b/4 eight. She’s almost always late, at least by five minutes or so. The DR called her in to open the toddlers b/c the LT called out w a tummy bug. When the floater arrived she took my CT’s spot in that room and my CT came in to work w me. Our kids were easy, five out of eight and the new girl did awesome again. Not only that my little guy with Autism is still impressing me daily. Today he said actual words. He said what sounded like ‘give’ when he wanted a puzzle piece and when I asked him if he wanted more he appropriately answered with ‘yes’ verbally just one time, more like a word, instead of babbling/stemming. The wild part of the day came around one or so. The floater went home with the tummy bug, the LT in the infants had to go home and pick up her daughter, who had the tummy bug, AND the AT in the infant room had to take her son to the doctor (again) he may have hand foot mouth disease. So if you’re counting that means that we were down four staff out of twelve. So I got to close the baby room down again and open it in the morning. Not a huge deal, it’s pretty easy actually. The only challenging part was trying to get one of the infants to take a nap. He just refused. He would not go down no matter how hoard I tried. He did however make me feel like an ass and passed out damn near as soon as mom put him in his car seat. At about 5:15 or so there was only me and one baby, who was napping peacefully. So I sat down and worked on balancing my check book. All parents picked up their kids on time and the four closers got to leave all together.
I’d also like to remember the hassle it was to make a dentist appointment. I’d planned on going on Mar. 5th, but was denied the time off b/c the DR is going to CA. So I jumped through hoops to get an appointment. OH yeah btw I tried to make two appts for one day but that can’t be done. The dentist hasn’t diagnosed my cavity and the office can’t schedule me a time b/c they don’t know how much to block out. Which is totally understandable, but blows! I’d much rather get them cleaned, and then filled right after, but that’s not the way the cookie crumbles is it?!?!?! So after all my dancing I scheduled two appts.. One for this upcoming Monday at one. So I sat w the DR and tried to figure out how to count the time on my time sheet. Ideally I’d like to use eight hours of sick or two hours of sick and an unpaid day. She said that she’d suggest vacation for six hours and sick for two, but then I pointed out the new policy says no vacation time and sick can be used back to back. She was comfounded and told me to ask our money lady. After discussing it with her she ok’d me using eight hours of sick time. Well after getting it all settled the dentist office called me to say I could have a 7:50 a.m. appt. I stuck my name there and said I’d call back tomorrow. I’m thinking about being greedy and taking the early one but still not going into work b/c of all the denial I got for March. Oh forgot to tell ya that not only did I get denied the 5th and 6th, but I also got denied the rest of the week basically. We have inservice on the 9th and they wouldn’t allow me to be off. I did call Carolyn to let her know and she didn’t seem to upset. Not surprising w such a laid back family.
On the way home I chatted w Allison bout Sunday, our Atlanta trip, a beach vacation, cars, and Cali trip. She has a condo in Panama ! She’s thinking about getting a group together for that depending on how our Atlanta trip goes.
Once inside I put away dishes, prepped lunch for tomorrow (soup, carrots, and four fruit servings), washed dirty dishes, and made dinner. I made the left over Ru Sans rice w shrimp and ginger wasabi steamed veggies. After warming it all I squirted a wasabi soy blend all over. It was delish. I really do think I need to purchase some pickled ginger, or maybe even make some. I also enjoyed a nice glass of the red wine Laney got me for x-mas. While eating I read a little bit more, Aaron wasn’t home (still working). For dessert I dug out a low fat baked donut and had a cup of semi black (no sugar just Starbucks liquer) coffee. I did pretty well making choices today 4PPs @ bfast, 2PPs @ lunch, 6PPs for munchies (three crackers and center of a home baked cinnamon roll), 4PPs for wine, 5PPs dinner, 6PPs desserts & coffee; coming to a total of 27PPS.
Hubby finally got home at 9:35 and had the good news that he is off this weekend. That means we get to go to dad’s together!!!!! Now I just need to tell my dad that I can come in this weekend but not stay as long in March for Matt’s bday.
Finding out that hubby is off this weekend and Monday is the most exciting part today.
I’m glad that you let me blabber on this long, thanks…
No comments:
Post a Comment