Well I’m back to trying to make sure and do this everyday. So close to getting an entire calendar year of everyday journaling!
The smoothie didn’t help all that much. I woke up again around 3:30, however today I was able to stay in bed and kind of doze for a few more hours, till 6:30 ish. After showering I was extremely interested in being productive. I did a load of laundry, folded and put away some clean things, adjusted my onions for a better taste (hopefully), called dad and chatted while attempting to file my nails (much harder than I thought it would be – holding the phone btwn my ear and shoulder while filing), then had a cup of coffee and read. All that was btwn seven and 10 (the phone conversation was about an hour). I opened the new cream I bought yesterday. I liked it, but it was mixed w the Starbucks cream so the next cup will be a better sample.
My MIL and I had a great time at Our Kids Soup Sunday. I don’t have the list of soups on me, but my vote went for Pied Piper Eatery and their cream of mushroom. It was nice and thick, the shrooms were meaty and earthy, and I could have eaten a whole bowl (not a cup, but a bowl) w a wonderful chunk of crusty buttered bread. There was also a really yummy apple bisque w basil whipped cream and a fabulous s.w. chicken soup that was extremely cheesy (it was a tie kind, it ‘lost’ IMO b/c I couldn’t eat a whole bowl, just a cup; too rich). Was a little bummed that Watermark didn’t supply their carrot cake soup that was on the list. There were others that I liked, but those are the ones I liked best. Our technique of getting cups for one another worked and we made it through all the booths b/4 voting ended. We also had time to gander at the silent auction and still left early!
Upon leaving we headed back to MIL home, where I balanced my checkbook. On the way there I chatted w hubs and he informed me that he was out in N’vill W shopping at Costco, Wal Mart, and Target. I was so very proud of himself: he bought a 12 pack of pint jars (for my onions) for 5.00. I was a bit aggravated (actually for quite awhile, but not now) that he didn’t spend the 8 bucks and get the ½ pint jars I asked for. After talking w him I talked w MIL about men and how they are. She has gone through similar situations in the past 30+ years w her hubs. It was nice to know esp since they seem so wonderfully perfect together.
Back at home I picked up Aaron and we headed to our Wal Mart, Lowe’s, and DT. I went to the first store and he went to the second. Neither one carried the jars. WM won’t have them till April, the spring, when the season for canning starts. We also stopped in DT just to check it out. I bought my friend an amazing gift bag, which I think I’m going to give to her in June, instead of Dec. (which is her bday) just so she can have a gift during the year.
Once again when we got home, we just settled in and got comfy. We finished our discs of Medium. Around five or so it was time for hubs to make dinner. While he cooked his (homemade hamburger helper – cheesy shells w ground venison) I rearranged and made sense out of the deep freeze. I bagged all the meats together and fixed the bags. I also bagged all those onions I bought yesterday. I got 5 snack sized bags weighing 207kg and almost a full ½ pint jar to go in the fridge (about 170kg or so). Then hubby and I teamed up to pack my lunch – he did my fruits and veggies while I prepped the soup. Afterwards I made my dinner. I used my tasty caramelized onions!
22g whole wheat pasta mixed w onions & wilted spinach; tossed w marinara & sun dried tomato pesto
and a couple of twist of fresh salt. (would be sooooo much better w fresh chz)
For dessert I’m having another Dr. Oz sleep slim smoothie. This time I’m using cherry juice ice cubes and I remembered the vanilla. I like the texture much better. However I did learn that bananas need to be frozen w/out the skin (that f’er was hard to peel frozen).
Well I got all my day on one page!!!!! Best part – getting back into routine, soup event, pasta w onions, and smoothie all tie!!!!!
Thanks for coming back…
No comments:
Post a Comment