Well today turned out good.
I woke up at six as usual. Dad was still in bed, as well as Mike and Aaron. Since dad was asleep I washed my hair in the kitchen sink. Luckily there was a random bottle of shampoo in the pink bathroom for me to use. After my hair washing I made banana bread oatmeal. Dad actually buys the name brand oats which puff differently than my generic ones from Aldi’s. Unfortunately I didn’t get to enjoy a cup of coffee since I went to the dentist.
I had a new hygienist. I think she’s younger than I am. She moved to Paris w her husband when he bought the liquor store across the road from the huddle house. They’ve been married for eight years and in Paris for seven. She was a pretty wonderful lady to get married and then a year later move south (she’s from Chicago area). I had a hole in my tooth as I believed I did. The dentist said it was where a filling had fallen out and needed to be replaced and as well as fill the new cavity that’s trying to start.
When I got back to dad’s house I was ready to go. However Aaron had just literally woke up, this is around nine thirty or so and wanted to relax and drink coffee instead of get up and get ready to go. I wanted him to help make the bed but the coffee was more important. So I did it on my own. Not a huge deal, just took around ten minutes or so (I’m anal and like the sides to be even especially when there’s a pattern that you can see if it’s caddy-whomper). Literally within two minutes of sitting down after completing it he said ‘I’m ready, let’s go make the bed’.
Once we got in to N’ville we went to his parents place to play on the net. He started and then it was my turn. My Scoutmob email was for Pepperfire so I printed it for my hubby and forwarded it to Dickie and he printed one for himself. Pretty awesome deal site! Carolyn and I had Captain D’s.
I spent my time viewing blogs and showing some of my ‘pins’ to Carolyn.
Today was the last day we could use the Groupons I bought for mAmbu. I called to make a reservation and the lady said the only opening they had was for eight, but of course I don’t like waiting that late so I asked about walk-ins and she said if we did that we could place us at the bar. So we decided to go up there at five thirty and was fortunate enough to get a table. Our server started out pretty on it, but towards the end sucked a big fatty! The deal was three courses for 25.00 (I think that was the price). Our 1sts were lobster rolls and a cheese plate. The rolls weren’t like what I was thinking at all. I was expecting little sandwiches, they were more like sushi pieces and deep fried. The cheese was wonderful. There was one similar to cheddar, a goat cheese, and a cows milk like brie. Then we both had salads. Mine was fab-u-lous: spinach leaves, candied pecans, feta cheese, with champagne vinaigrette on the side. I loved the combo together. Our mains were steak (for him) and duck breast (for me). His steak was served w bacon mac and cheese and zucchini. The mac and cheese had a great flavor but was not creamy enough. It was like a baked dish and kind of dry. My duck came w a cheese bread pudding, roasted red mashed pots, and asparagus w tomato chutney. The pots were almost the same that Darfon’s serves and makes me want to go back there ASAP!
As we were leaving I noticed a wine bar that was right next to mAmbu that I really really want to go to. I think it’s called Vittos and Wine maybe? Need to check it out tomorrow online.
Now it’s time to settle into bed. I’m glad that we were able to use our Groupons and that I didn’t have any new cavities.
Thanks for reading my long paragraph about food…
No comments:
Post a Comment