Friday, February 10, 2012

a different kind of TGIF

Did you have a good Friday?  Mine was a normal roller coaster day, you know w ups and downs.  I’ll admit I just woke up from dozing off while reading and it’s not even nine yet so I’m hoping this makes sense. 

Hubby got up while I was showering and was nice enough to start the coffee pot for us, after a little convincing from me. 

We actually had class today, which was a little different.  There were only five kids out of eight, which made it easy.  At two I tried to get in touch w the director about the missing leave request as well as what I was supposed to do at two forty five, but she didn’t get back w me till four thirty when I was getting ready to leave.  Since I wasn’t sure about it, I went ahead and went to the baby room as though it was a normal day and stayed till close to four.  When I finally did get to talk to the DR she thought I’d just follow my regular Friday schedule and relieve people for their paperwork time.  On top of that she had no clue about the lost request for my Friday, she didn’t even get the email I sent on Wednesday or Thursday, whenever it was I sent it.  Well after much frustration and too many details to explain it comes down to the chick I switched schedules w on Friday has also requested off and is leaving at noon.  Not only that but there are several people scheduled to go to CPR training.  So I was ridiculously close to not being approved and I really think the only reason it was is b/c the DR felt bad about losing my request in addition to not approving my leave for March. 

Back home I didn’t really eat a real dinner, due to eating all the sweets (Publix cake and some fudgy brownies) all day.  I wasn’t hungry but I knew I needed to put something in my belly so I had a warmed up string cheese w a glass of wine.  I also relaxed in my oversized chair and read my book. 

Now I’m ready for bed, hoping this makes sense (b/c you know I’m not going to read back over these).

My favorite part today hanging w the babies even though I should have been somewhere else.

Hope I have something better for you this weekend…

No comments:

Post a Comment