Thursday, February 9, 2012

another new recipe success

My day started w my hubby being sweet again and turning off his alarm after the first ring!  For bfast I had banana blueberry oatmeal.  This time I sweetened it w almond extract instead of sugar.  I liked it.  I did put too much water in it though and it was super runny for oatmeal.

For some reason traffic was ‘friendly’ today.  I left the house around the same time I always do and got to work ten minutes earlier than normal.  I read on the yahoo page that one of my favorite music artists from the nineties was only a teenage when her songs were hits!  I can’t wait to listen to her CD again knowing that. 

The day was mad crazy.  The AT in the Girraffes class has been working on doing a special art project w all the kids through out the building and we actually got to be included today.  The crazy part was where instead of her coming to our room to do it, we had to split our kids between their age groups and there wasn’t a plan it was just ‘wung’ so to speak.  So I spent the first fifteen minutes w my kids, the next in the hall talking to the newest parent (again) and then the next hour and half w my one kid in the toddlers room playing. 

The little I ate for lunch did not upset my stomach.  I didn’t eat my packed soup, just the fruit (I really wasn’t hungry after carrots and vanilla wafers). 

My little guy w Autism’s mom actually read the report today that I completed yesterday.  I’m not used to have such a quick turnaround!  It usually takes parents at least a weekend to read it and get back to me if not a whole week!  She was proud of some of the things he’s doing and told me other things that I didn’t have included. 

Then I started on writing the words to our kids Valentines day cards, but didn’t get very far; just the word ‘heart’ on ten out of thirteen. 

Instead of playing with the big kids I had to go to the Two’s class b/c the AT left for a dr’s appt..  It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.  We played outside, came in and read, played on the I-Pad, colored, ate snack, and then played in the block center.  At ten till five I took a trip and checked to make sure there was going to be coverage so I could leave and she said she was on her way.  However she didn’t get in there until six after!  I say six b/c at eight our time rolls to the next quarter.  Well I still had to put my stuff away; I couldn’t just leave it in their room!  So it was ten after by the time I actually ‘clocked out’ on the paper. 

You should be proud of me – I actually remembered to pick up my book from the library today!  It was the last day I could do it or else it would have gone back on the shelf.  While I was there I took a few minutes to read several of their posted papers.  One of them I found really interesting and I’m going to share it w Lindsay.  The library has this ‘book club in a bag’ kit that can be borrowed.  It’s a bag w ten books, discussion questions, and something else.  When borrowed it can be kept for six weeks (I think).  There are at least a hand few of books that I glanced at that I’m interested in. 

Hubby had to work late, again, today so I made myself busy: washing dishes, prepping lunch, and making dinner.  For dinner I made Mediterranean stuffed peppers. 
            1 bell pepper
            1 serving white northern beans
                        ½ mixed w cranberry preserves, chipotle pepper adobe sauce, & a wee bit of French for swtns
                        ½ mixed w garlic, salt, spinach & herb seasoning, & sun dried tomato pesto
I baked it till the edges of the pepper was crispy.  Close to thirty minutes.  It was super yummy!  Halfway through the peppers the beans mixed and I liked it that way better than individually. 

Now we are watching Conan and the two main characters look so different.  I’m enjoying a cup of gingerbread flavored half caf half decalf latte. 

Tomorrow is going to be a weird one – we actually have kids!  (instead of paperwork and floating)

Making a successful ‘recipe’ excites me today!

Thank you for caring still…

No comments:

Post a Comment