Monday, February 27, 2012

drama filled Monday

Props to me, journaling for two days in a row after a weeks break.  Thanks!

So I got a little bit better nights sleep, do you think that smoothie really helped?  Just a shame I won’t have one tonight :’(  Hubs alarm went off at 5:30 and I told myself when it went off to get up since I had to be at work early, but I didn’t.  get up that is, I actually managed to dose for a little bit longer! WOO HOO!!!

My bfast today was something new to me; Cinnabon Cream of Wheat.  It’s 3PPs and wonderfully flavored.  I thought I was going to have to add some butter or sugar, but I didn’t, just water.  Since I wanted to make the meal a bit heartier (instead of using milk) and filling I tossed in a small jazz apple.  Nice combo, wish I could find a regular sized box of this stuff.  I can only find the plain/instant at the stores I’ve looked. 

Since I didn’t get up early I was worried about getting to work late, even though most days I get there a little b/4 8:00.  I successfully got there at ten till and had just enough time to check my email.  It didn’t really matter too much that I got there early enough b/c the whole reason I had to get there earlier was a bust.  I had an IFSP meeting set for 8:00, but of course the mom/nanny/child didn’t arrive on time.  Should have figured as much; they never drop off ‘on time’.  Well at least the SC was there, and the OT, and we all had a few minutes to chat b/4 the official meeting. 

A few minutes into the meeting the HR lady pulled me out to let me know that I wouldn’t be able to attend the entire meeting and had to leave early due to a coworker being sick.  You may ask ‘why does it matter that another person is sick and how does it influence my attendance in a meeting?’, well the big deal is the chick that was supposed to be in my room in my place had to replace the sick teacher.  Luckily I was able to attend for right about an hour and was more involved in the meeting than the last one on the 16th. 

The little girl who the meeting was for transitioned smoothly.  I was worried that b/c she came in late w mom and nanny AND hadn’t had a good nights rest AAAANNNNDDDDD fell asleep during the meeting that it would be a great big PITA.  She did tantrum at first and banged her head on the door knob, but by the time we got to the laundry room she was calm.  I sat her down and she walked all the way back to the room holding my hand without any tears!  Huge progress for her.  She also transitioned several more times through out the day.  The only real tears were on the playground when she wanted to be in the gym instead. 

While we were outside a big fat drama went down.  Now would be the time to skim the story b/c its going to be way too much for someone who’s not really involved @ our work.  The teachers in the Giraffes room had a large rift split today.  The LT was working with a tantrumed child one way she saw fit and the AT attempted to intervene how she saw appropriate.  The LT extended her arm to block the intervention and it upset the AT GREATLY!  I tried to ignore the situation b/c it wasn’t my business but the AT asked me to come in so she cold step outside.  It was then that I wished I could pause the day and rewind (hindsight in full description).  I sat down and the LT told me the situation.  I told her that I could understand both sides of the situation.  To make it even better (sarcasm here) I proceeded to tell her why – I’ve done actions extremely similar and had to learn from them aaaannnnnnddddd my old LT did not treat me like an equal the entire time we worked together, not that I though she (the one I was talking to) treated her AT that way, but I can understand why the AT is upset if she feels that way (don’t guess I made that point very clear).  Well after that statement the LT started crying and wouldn’t talk to me anymore when I tried. 
            After a bit of time the two teachers got to have a pow wow and I’m hoping they got it worked out.  I                  tried talking to both of them to make sure everything was okay, but neither wanted to really talk, not to               mention they couldn’t.  I convinced the AT to call me and she said she would on her drive home.  Well               she did but I wasn’t able to answer it b/c of my extra job tonight. 

That was the first and biggest event of my day.  The rest went pretty smooth – went to class, sat up lunch, ate lunch, most kids (all but the one who napped during her meeting actually) napped, woke up and played, and then had snack.  The kid on my case on M/W w severe Autism used some amazing communicative intent and the other little guy w Autism drank from an open cup with minimal help during snack; oh yeah he took a nap today too!  He managed to put himself to sleep!

Once all the kids left I checked my work email and had something from a Nonprofit Business Company about the award program.  I really need to keep an eye on this page, I didn’t delete it from my email incase you wondered, and submit FSI so we can get some grant money for the center. 

Even though we were a bit low teacher wise I still got to go to the infant’s room.  When I first went in the AT was a b-yatch and really rude.  I didn’t think she was still aggravated from the smartass remarks we changed last week in the workroom; I’m pretty sure we’ve chatted cordially since those remarks.  I tried chatting as usual, but she wouldn’t look at me, answer me regularly, and when she did it was one syllable words (i.e. I asked what you guys did this weekend and her answer was something like  different things).  After time she lightened up and was more chatty.  I mentioned something about wanting coffee and she offered to drink some too if I made it half and half.  After getting her coffee she thanked me a few times and said that she felt herself returning to normal and was more talkative.  She said she hadn’t felt like herself the last bit b/c she was wearing down.  Do I think it was really due to the lack of caffeine?  Doubtful, considering she didn’t have it for over a year and half (pregnancy and nursing). 

The baby room dropped down in ratio enough for the AT to be on her own and I was about to head out and do paperwork (I’ve got five summaries to complete and two new IFSP’s to create) when I noticed there were a bunch of kids in the Toddlers.  I asked the count, it was eight, and since my CT was in there and she leaves at 4:30, I had to go in there so she could leave on time.  Needless to say I didn’t get to work on any paperwork today!  I did however enter one contact note on TEIDs; one down, seven to go. 

Aaron’s scheduled changed again, this is the second time this week and it’s only Monday.  He was supposed to be out of town Tuesday and Wednesday, but now he gets to stay.  Well today his scheduled changed to working on Thursday and off on Wednesday instead of the other way (which is how it was yesterday).  I’m just hoping that he remembers to clean our linens and flip and rotate the mattress.  Then he dropped the bomb that next week, the 5th – whenever he may have to go to Arkansas, but I couldn’t talk about it b/c I had to at the Ilagan’s.  I haven’t had a chance to call him back yet.  I’m hoping I get to after the eldest goes to bed. 

I was greeted w lots of smiles here at the Ilagans, yes I’m doing this entry at their house while the eldest watches a cute show named Sheldon.  We went upstairs for a little bit while mom made dinner (for them, mac-n-chz, banana, grapes, raspberries, and blueberries – where’s the veggies? ;)>).  The girls did well sitting down, but the youngest noticed mom leaving out the door and proceeded to cry herself into the crib.  She sat in the chair and cried and cried.  She did calm down a couple of times but her sister and I both said ‘mom’ at one point and the youngest wailed again!  Once she was finally calm and wiping her face she told me all done after prompted and got down.  She went into the family room and broke down again b/c she wanted her big sister’s blanket, but we wouldn’t let her have it.  Instead of just whining and fussing I made her lay down on the pillow till she got done.  When she finished this time she decided she wanted to go upstairs and go to bed.  She wanted to crawl into the big bed, willingly let me change her diaper, refused to brush her teeth (lots of double hand holding, head bracing, shoulder blocking going on to get the teeth just wiped with the brush), wrestled a little bit when putting the infant like one piece jammie on, and laid down instantly in the crib.  She cried a little bit when I turned the lights out, but I’m allowed to shut the door so not a big deal. 

Well in 15 min the eldest and I get to work on her getting ready for bed and then I’ll get to read my book, since today’s business is all done!  I hope I finish the book b/4 Thursday (that’s when it’s due). 

Best part for me today – the little girl transitioning so well.

Oh I forgot to take responsibility for my eats: bfast – cream of wheat & apple 3PPs, snacks – animal cookies and teddy grahams 5PPs, lunch – soup 2PPs, dinner – sushi 15PPs; totaling 25PPs .      

Thanks for taking an interest…

No comments:

Post a Comment