Today was a pretty amazing day. I got to sleep in till eight thirty or so! That’s late for me. I just relaxed for a little while.
I was out of the house by eleven, after settling the dog in and packing lunch. I went to 100 Oaks to shop. I spent forever in Burlington and came out with two pairs of boots. I’m not so sure about the black pair. Before finding them I overheard the salesman tell another person that he thought the high boots weren’t the best first impression. I’m worried they look too much like Pretty Woman boots, not leather but suede. I was in there for a really really really long time digging through all the mess. Before leaving I went through the rest of the store quickly. I picked up one of mom’s x-mas presents. I’m thinking about trying it out before giving it to her just to make sure it works.
My belly was rumbling so I sat in the car and ate my salad. Then headed into Ross’s. I bought an eighteen pack of cookie cutters and a seven pack of nail polish. I’m not so sure I’m going to keep the polish. I need to try it out and see what I think about it. I also found three more boots, two black and one brown that I think is my favorite without question. Of course I looked around the rest of the store. I saw some coffee that I almost bought but waited b/c Aldi’s was cheaper.
By the time I was done in there it was a little before six and I needed to go to IL’s before they left for the Pred’s game. She helped me narrow down my choices from the tall boots. The suede knee highs were nixed since they were suede. The second knee high leather’s were nixed too b/c the expensive pair had the lace. It looked better standing up and folded down. We were both still undecided about which flat black pair to keep. She also helped me find a shirt to go with one of the brown skirts I have in my closet. She has a gorgeous orange shade cow’s neck sleeveless shirt and a neat cream colored fuzzy long sleeve sweater that falls off the shoulder a little. I thought about wearing it to the dinner on Thursday, but she doesn’t think she’ll have it adjusted by then.
After bagging it all back up I checked my email, just to make sure there weren’t any deals I didn’t want to miss out on (like the LS deal for the Grand Wine Tasting I now don’t get to go to). There wasn’t. When I left there I had time to stop at Aldi’s. I picked up a bag of dried apricots (2PPs) and some walnuts. I stopped just for pumpkin spiced coffee and honeycrisp apples, but the coffee was all sold out. I was fortunate enough to get some apples. I bought two bags!
I made it home in the time frame I wanted (eight hours from leaving the house). For dinner I made some white rice and finished off the last of my leftovers from the Thai place. I watched Chocolat while eating. For dessert I enjoyed a mixed drink: one fourth of the toffee coffee powder with pumpkin spice syrup and a splash of coffee liquer; with biscotti. It was okay. I could actually taste the pumpkinyness (real word I swear), but there wasn’t as much toffee as there usually is with the drink mix. Maybe next time indulge in the points and have two parts.
Now it’s time to call the hubby before bedtime.
High today: all the amazing boots! (I bought them all and plan on taking the ones I don’t want back to the stores)
Thanks for stopping by and finding out all my excitement…
No comments:
Post a Comment