Friday, October 21, 2011

TGIF & doc's appt

Well today was a very weird kind of day.  I had a doctor’s appointment, you know the fun kind!  The one with the metal duck bill.  N-E who, since I had the appointment, which was scheduled at nine, I made my morning a leisure one.  Normally I shower, shave, and primp for this appointment, but for some reason I didn’t feel/want to do it today.  Instead I went about my normal routine.  For bfast I had another take on the banana bread oatmeal with a bit of pumpkin spice syrup.  Before leaving the house I took care f Izzie, started dinner (crock pot potroast) and made/packed lunch.  It took me longer than I thought it would to do all that prep.  I had considered going to Wal Mart to get a new GPS charger and plug thingy for my cigeratte light I blew yesterday, but didn’t have enough time.

When I finally finished all my duties I headed out.  My first stop was at the P.O. down the road.  However it didn’t open till 8:30, and I didn’t want to wait around for half an hour.  So I went to hermitage/donelson and stopped at the Regions on Donelson Pike, but learned that it was only a drive through location.  So I went onto Lebanaon and stopped at the Regions by Kohls (wish I had time to stop and look at boots!).  I had to wait in line for a bit longer than planned and only had a couple of mintues to stop at the P.O.  I wasn’t able to mail mom’s package, I had less than ten minutes to get to my appointment so I headed that way. 

I got to the doctor’s office four minutes late, at least according to my appointment time.  I’m not really sure how long I had to wait, but I did get to look at a magazine with some interesting recipes for crock pots.  To simplify how the appointment went, basically if/when I/we decide to conceive I have to go straight into taking fertility drugs.  Basically the doc thinks I don’t ovulate and therefore need the drugs to release the eggs to fertilize.  I was also given the wonderful Sperm Analysis (SA) sheet incase after trying rounds of fertility drugs don’t work my hubby will have to get tested 

When I left doc’s office I called my friend who has/is going through her own IF problems (hi and thank you) just to let her know that I was now officially in ‘her boat’.  She’s got lots of friends who have successfully conceived and some accidently.  I wanted her to know that she officially isn’t alone, she no longer has my positive thought, but my emotional feelings as well.  I told her when we decide to start that I’d probably be calling her all the time for support and aid to get through the turmoil. 

I cold go on and on about how I felt with the newfound info, but I’ll keep it simply: I kind of knew it was going to be this way.  I’ve only had one real menstral cycle in my life and have always wondered if I ovulate considering I don’t cycle.  I’ve laughed about it all day.  It figures; I’ve gone to such extremes as to avoid getting pregnant accidently and find out the chance of that are EXTREMELY SLIM!!!  I’ve also had the thought that since it’s sorta kinda official that I can’t conceive on my own (at least easily) that now I’m probably going to want kids (that’s how life is, right, you always want what you can’t have). 

Well after my appointment I went to the P.O. in Green Hills and mailed mom’s coffee.  Then I went to work.  I got there at 10:30, which was just enough time to call a parent (the one I try to call every Friday), update her contact log, and print and date the necessary sheets for next week.  Then I headed to the Rascals on the playground.  I chatted with the LT in there about the little guy who I think has extreme anger management issues; and she says that he’s doing fine normally and she thinks he only does me that way.  Since we had that conversation I decided to be a hard ass be-yatch to the kid and no longer take his she-yat.  It kind of worked.  I just decided to let him know that it wasn’t okay and that he needs to treat me the same as he does his teacher. 

Afterwards I heated up my lunch, the left over ham cabbage dish, and went to the Monkey’s.  I stayed in there till around four or so.  I got to play on the net from twelveish till close to two.  I didn’t do anything real productive, just checked all my messages/emails.  The next couple of hours went really smoothly.  We got the kids up, changed their diapers, and headed outside.  We only got to play on the playground for fifteen minutes.  The HR man had a ‘crew’ (three men) working on completeting the bike lean to thing, so we headed into the gym.  My CT came in and relieved me close to 3:30. 

When I left the room I started to work on November’s LP’s.  However I wanted to check with my CT on her opinions so I asked them.  She took the LP’s and was gone for twenty minutes!  I finally called her to see if she was coming back and she said she was on her way.  When she finally came back into the room she told me what took her so long: she changed one thing which means she had to change almost all the schedule for the art stuff.  About this time I also learned that the company is letting our AD go, due to finical reasons.  After she finally came back into the room I headed to the work office and ‘typed’ up my new kid’s IFSP for next Tuesday.  I finished at 4:35, which was only five minutes after my work time. 

Once I was officially off the clock I checked my blogs, then my emails, and looked for a new charger for my car.   I couldn’t find the charger, but I’d like to go back to the Hermitage Wal Mart tomorrow and check it out.  I also want to look for jeans, sweater dress, and some boots (as well as West End and Cool Springs).  But I digress.  I finaly took the time to read the email Lindsay sent me about going to the wineries.  She went me seven, I think.  I viewed each winery’s list and didn’t find one that I just didn’t want to go to.  However I think she and her hubby want to do them in a day trip and I’m thinking it might be extremely difficult.  They range for NE of N’ville and end almost W, going clockwise w a total of seven locals. 

Well once I was done I came home.  The house smelled wonderful with the pot roast bubbling and hubby making ‘gravy’.  Aaron let me model all my boots and new sweaters I bought over he weekend.  He liked the black tall boots with the lace, but the lace going down instead of up.  he too was undecided on he flat black boots.  I did like the brown ones though.  when I put the black ones on he had the same opinion that Carolyn and I felt: the leather one was better looking with pants untucked and both had their pro’s and con’s with the legs tucked in.  After modeling we had a re-uniting of love.  Then we at dinner. 

The pot roast was wonderful!  He put some sweet potatoes in the pot for me and I actually liked the plain potatoes better.  I only asked for the sweet ones b/c I know they have more nutrients than white.  I opened a bottle that hubby bought me from NY and it was amazing with the red meat!  For dessert I attempted to make a coffee/chocolate pumpkin drink.  It wasn’t that wonderful and could definitely use some improvement.  I guess that’s what happens when one uses water instead of milk/cream/ or something fattening.

Well it just hit the ten mark and I’m ready to pass out (did I mention that even though the hubby is back I still had to get up and take care of the dog).  I also really need to cut these damn nails!  Doubtful that I’ll do it tonight, more than likely I’ll do it in the morning.  Right now I really want to go to bed!

My high today would be knowing that it’s official, I have to take IF drugs.  WOO HOO.  It’s not a positive thing, but to know the next step kind of is nice.   

Thanks for listening to me tell you about everything today…

No comments:

Post a Comment