Today was another not so good looonnggg day!
I don’t know why I’m feeling so awful. I changed the filter this weekend and felt better almost immediately. I felt fine Sunday through Tuesday but yesterday and today was awful. I didn’t have a voice and could barely breathe without choking/coughing.
I learned a new sign today: pumpkin (letter p tapped on left hand in a fist). I used several basic signs to communicate and had to whisper in peoples ears all day. When one of the parents picked up he asked if I was tired. When I told him yeah he said I looked like it. How are you supposed to take that? – you look like shit? Or maybe ‘I can tell you don’t feel well and should rest up’? Anyways I think it blows that a parent noticed and commented but all the other people I work with just ignore the uncomfortableness I’m going through. Speaking of people who ignore signs; a parent yesterday commented about how I didn’t have a voice and how I was feeling and then preceded to ask me a dozen questions about her kid! I know parents want to know what goes on during the day, but when you literally just get done commenting on how hard it is to talk you’d think the parent would get the hint.
Whoa, I digressed. Back to today. The child of the AT in the infant room got sick and had to take him home. Which also means she’ll be out tomorrow. I’ve noticed that moms are always responsible for keeping sick kids and packing lunches, what’s up with that?!?!?! I think it’s even stranger since dad was sick too. When I was told, the person who told me said that dad was at home sick already, but they were wrong the dad had gone into work sick b/c he had meeting. Ideally, if Aaron and I have children, we would take shared responsibility of who has to stay home sick (except if one parent made way more than the other and couldn’t miss or work OR in Aaron’s case he doesn’t get sick pay, but I would). Speaking of shared responsibility when Izzie ‘asked’ to go out this morning I pushed (not really of course) him out b/c I’ve let her out the last two or three mornings! Guess I should talk to him about taking turns huh? But of course turn taking isn’t always the way life will roll, some days he’ll have to get up earlier or had a long day. I don’t know why I’m complaining, I should be thankful that Izzie is still with us and not having accidents in the house.
Did I digress again? Shame on me. Well back to school: the DR came in around 2:20 and sort of almost told me I had to stay and close the baby room. At first I thought she was just asking and I of course had to check to make sure I had home support and told her so, but then she said something along the lines of ‘last time I asked if you could, but today I need you/or you have to’ (I’m not a hundred percent sure of the wording since I realized it a moment or two after she left). We all got lucky since Aaron and his parents were both in town and his mom was able to let her out within the hour. The plus side of this was I got to stay in the baby room till five thirty. I was really dreading going into the Rascals with no voice and feeling like a pile of muck.
Closing the baby room was actually really easy. There were only three babies. Two of them slept and the third one and I just had cuddle time and he drank a bottle. I actually was able to turn the lap top on and check my email and a couple of pins. Illegal – I KNOW!!! But I was really bored just staring at the sleeping babies. Mind you I didn’t play long since the third one woke up, just under ten minutes incrementally.
I beat hubby home and started dishes and making lunch for tomorrow: salad, carrots, and three fruits. Since Aaron wasn’t super hungry so we ate our own dinners. I took the left over mac and cheese portion and mixed it with steamed cauliflower (the end of the head). It was little bland so I sprinkled some garlic salt and a little parmesan cheese on it. Then it was too salty so I dashed a bit of crushed red pepper. Damn it, it was spicy! I think it would have been super yummy with less salt and pepper and little bit creamier. For dessert I indulged in the last chocolate cupcake with chocolate fudge filling and chocolate chunks. Man was that a wonderful chocolatey heavenly cupcake. I’d pay for one of those suckers. I think it came from this place. I texted Tiffany that this place needs to be has to be on the cupcake tour (OMG I just figured out how to do this!). One of these day’s I’m going to figure out how to or what kind of chocolate it is that does that (not melt). Oh yeah, I also fixed the silly pumpkin spice syrup I made on Tuesday. I put it back in a pan and added more sugar. Now it’s a syrup and sticks to the spoon the way it supposed to. I probably won’t try the flavor till Saturday but I’m glad it looks more syrup-y. However it’s a bit darker than the pictures other people of posted.
That’s all folks, ha!
High today: fixing the syrup.
Thanks a bunch for reading through all my nonsense…
No comments:
Post a Comment