Sunday, October 2, 2011

new trend?

Today was a productive day, IMO, sort of.  I woke up around five or so and it was still dark outside and I refused to get out of bed.  Instead I lay there, cuddled up next t my hubby, and fantasized about my plans for the day. 

I finally decided to get up around seven to start my day.  I chatted w my dad for a while about nothing much.  One thing I want to get down so I can remember: self rising flour is all purpose with baking powder in it.  Baking powder is baking soda and cream of tartar.  Powder and soda are both leavening agents and if you leave them out your baked good will not rise.  Hopefully by including this here I’ll be able to remember it better and not have to ask him about it again.  I’m also supposed to remember to check fb for dad’s new profile picture. 

While we chatted I made bfast and attempted a new ‘blend’.  I made a WW, at least I’m hoping so anyways, friendly Banana Bread Oatmeal.  I used a splash of the holiday custard I mentioned last night mixed with water as the liquid.   After nuking it I added a half a banana, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  It was okay.  I think it would have been better w brown sugar and maybe some vanilla, oh and some walnuts (but that adds too many points). 

Conversation over and oatmeal consumed I moved on to my new fashion addiction and took my time on my first run through of polishing.  I used a shade of red (Honeymoon Red by Salley Hansen) and an orange color (Tangerine Cream from the SD12 line/NY).  I’M IN LOVE!!!!!  While painting Ashley and I msgd back and forth a few times and I sent a picture to her.  She thought it was cool too and came over so we could do hers.  However she wanted a darker color (I used a shimmery goldy color as the background) and used a darkish purplish almost black as her base.  Well we learned the hard way that dark of a base doesn’t let the other colors shine through.  I suggested next time we’d paint a silverfish base and use the dark color blended with my red shade. 

After we were done with our nails we just ‘hung out’ and talked till Aaron came home (from shopping for work warm stuff).  Then we all ate and watched a movie.  Aaron and I actually laughed out loud several times!  A must see for those who haven’t. 

When the movie was over Ashley left and we started CSI.  After the first two episodes I got hungry (I only at a 2 oz serving of chicken 1PP and a mini bag of Kettle Korn popcorn 3PP) and made a cheater tuna noodle casserole.  Ashley ate some mac and cheese while she was here.  I took the left over and reheated them.  I added a single serving of tuna and half a serving of peas-n-carrots.  I’m guestimating it at 9PPs.  It was actually pretty yummy and Aaron said we could make it again as a meal for realz.  I think it would be awesome w Mama Jones cracker topping from her chicken casserole.  For dessert I’m eating a pb cookie.  I’m sure I’ll want a snack later but I’m going to try to avoid it. 

That’s it for today.  My high: the fingernails turning out so well!  (Note to self: make sure the water is filtered, a little bit warm, and the polish CAN NOT be a fast dry)

Thanks for being interested… 

No comments:

Post a Comment