Saturday, October 1, 2011

my huney's home again!

OMG, how freakin’ exciting: today is the first day of fall, at least I’m considering it so (even though oodles and boodles of peeps on the web have said it started a couple of weeks ago). 

Aaron got home in the wee hours this morning.  I stirred when he actually got home, but wasn’t able to stay awake or technically wake up enough, to greet him appropriately.  It was around 1:30 or 2:00.  I stayed in bed and cuddled w him for a little bit, about a quarter after seven.  I was so excited about getting up to go to the store and get all the things I wanted: jeans, polish, and pineapple.

I made it to Goodwill at 9:00, just an hour after they open, and man were they swamped!  I was there till around 11:30 or so.  I found four pair of jeans, a pair of dark courds, an amazing burnt orange brown paisley with teal trim shirt, some wonderful semi brand new barely worn brown suede like dress boots (for 4.00), a baby blanket with lions like the twins that I’m thinking about donating to school, a darth vader mask for Aaron (which I’m taking back), two X-mas platters for cookies, an X-mas pie plate, a Snowman candle holder, a black creepy Halloween tree candle holder, a coffee cup for Ashley, a spring form pan, and these adorable apple ceramic dishes.  Since today was the first Saturday of the month and everything was half off I got all my loot for 33.00!  The most expensive being the boots!

When I finished shopping I met hubby at the Thai place and finally used one of the two livingsocial coupons.  I was a bit bummed; the to go menu I have at home says they offer lunch menu price on Saturdays but they don’t so we had to pay full price.  The tab total was 27.00 and I left 2.00 (even though I didn’t want to), so with the coupon I ended up saving about 8.99 total. 

When we were done eating we swung by his parents to check out info about the Food Truck battle to see if he was interested in going.  I ended up getting a little ticked.  I’ve looked at info about it several times over the past month.  Every time I looked, I always saw that it costs 25.00 to get in and if you bring three canned items you get two drink tickets.  Well today when I googled it and found the info there was a ‘buy tickets’ clickable link.  Well when I clicked it took me to a site and I learned the event was sold out!  Now do you see why I was upset.  Well when I finished finding out the info hubby had been tempted to go with his dad to pick up lunch.  They were gone for close to an hour so I showed Carolyn my pinterest boards (esp the flashy fingers and she was extremely interested).  She also shoed me this hilarious youtube video of a dog. 

When Aaron and his dad got back we left and went to Aldi’s.  I found these yummy looking dried tortellin’s; one has a mushroom filling and the other has a spinach ricotta mix.  I also bought the other items I wanted, oh wait I also bought some butternut squash soup, 3PP, and roasted pepper tomato soup, 4PP.  Then we went our separate ways; him to Goodwill and me to Wal Mart. 

I spent way too much money there!  My tab was close to 75.00.  I remembered to pick up some anti wrinkle night lotion/cream by Nutrigena (?), an air filter (even though it wasn’t the one I wanted), some spices (Nutmeg and Allspice), and went a wee bit overboard with pumpkin (8 cans).  Why that many you wonder?  I really want to make some things – cookies, bread, scones, biscotti, pancakes, syrup, cheesecake, pie, and oatmeal. 

By the time I was done shopping it was close to five.  Once I got home I put everything away and showed hubby my clothes.  He made us dinner on the grill: pork chops, zucchini, squash, peppers, onion, and mushrooms.  I enjoyed a couple of glasses of s. blanc, the first since last Saturday’s event. 

We finally watched The Bounty Hunter w dinner.  We got a wee bit distracted while watching it, so I can give a real opinion about it.  Maybe I’ll watch it tomorrow while I hopefully bake/make biscotti. 

I’m plum tuckered out so I’m headed to bed.  High today: my boots – OMG I can’t believe I got such a gorgeous pair and basically a steal too!

Thanks for hanging in there with me!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment