Tuesday, November 20, 2012

back in the baby room


The day at school was decent enough.  We were low in numbers and the ones that were there behaved nicely.  

We were kind of low in numbers and I got to play with the babies the last hour.  It’s been so long since I’ve been in there.  It was so easy though; there were only three babies.  All I did was lay on the floor and literally play with them: clap hands, stack toys, and practice reaching.  

The PC was nice enough and allowed me to leave at 5:00 to go to ‘book club’ dinner.      We met at Cheddar’s.  At the end I realized I’m not so sure I’ll be part of it, if it continues to exist that is.  I realized I don’t have too much in common with the ladies at the table and I felt a bit awkward.  I was the oldest person of five and didn’t/don’t have the tiniest inkling of the momminess they all have.  Also they all started talking about their past together from high school and some people they all know currently, and of course I haven’t a clue who they were talking about.  

On the way home I tried to talk to Aaron about it but he wasn’t too interested in my needs/subject matter.  I also realized while driving that I don’t have too many people I have stuff in common with.  Man am I in the wrong town or something.  

I know the next meeting we have will be a dinner too, it should be our x-mas dinner.  I hope that dinner is better and I leave a bit happier.  

To stick with a positive note, glad that we were low in numbers.

Hope tomorrow is easy too….

No comments:

Post a Comment