Today was my last day to work the early shift and to work with the floater, which I might add kinda $u(%$ a$$!!!! She hadn’t been too terrible last week but really pushed me today. She’s pregnant I get that, but man does she stay in the potty for a long time! I was so used to CCT3, 2, & 1 being quick. Also floater just kind of failed at helping all day: while doing mats she wanted to help (she asked) when obviously the kids needed to be supervised, while I did the morning circle she stood over at the counter and checked her emails and did whatever-in-the-hell on the laptop, and at nap I specifically asked her to sit next to one child and told her help him but when I got back she was sitting next to a kid that can go to sleep on their own and was already asleep! Additionally I didn’t get the 30 min period to do paperwork like my CCT3 and I split. I might go insane and snap if I had to work w her for one more day.
The kids were pretty much ok, except for during the 30 sec warning to clean up. Some of the rough boys have decided to run and shoot and jump, basically act a fool, and I snapped.
I also talked to the DR about going to the doctor’s (really for Bella Kitty) on Friday and she okayed it, but left early b/c she was sick so I don’t know if she got my message or not. I made an appt during nap time for Friday at 2:20.
After work I did an impromptu babysitting for the Mitchels and had so much fun! They live out by the zoo I didn’t have to be there till around six so on the way I stopped at Essex and Aldi. The essex had a large back side w clothes, shoes, and home stuff, but really small shelves w random supplies. I wish they’d mix this back with the front from the one in Rivergate! Oh man was I in trouble. They had a whole container full of X-mas socks for a dollar! Dude I could have bought them for gifts for work! Ohs well. I did get mom a new bath robe and found some fun red and gold shimmery, hopefully knee high socks to wear incase I do the Santa Run again. I should ask Ashley M if she wants to do it w me. At the grocery I got my regular veggies as well as two bags of honeycrisp and had to have one as soon as I got in the car. Oh yeah I purchased two pomegrante’s as well, let’s hope they are yummy enough for all the work it takes to eat the suckers.
When I got to the Mitchels I found out they were eating at Carraba’s. It’s their seventh anniversary as well as Steven started a new job and now has a 7:00 to 4:30 schedule instead of the third shift! How exciting. Paula had already made dinner: baked chicken and pears over spinach topped w a blue cheese and celery salad w cous cous on the side. The celery and blue cheese topping was addictive! The pears had a great flavor, a little soft for my liking, and the chicken was just chicken. The directions said to cook the chicken first, then put the pears tossed in honey and other stuff in the pan w the chicken and finish cooking. However the chicken and liquid from wherever made the chicken a little boring in flavor. There was just watery juicy stuff in the pan. The recipe said it should be a pan sauce, but it could have been thickened up on the stove to pour over. Or the chicken should have been drained first or possibly removed from pan before adding the pears. I’m not sure if the water came from the meat or the fruit?!?!?!
Anyways it was fun sitting at the table w em while they ate. I gave little guy a two bites of everything except the cous cous, he loves it. I told them both they had to clean their plates in order to get a special treat after dinner. I’d say about twenty or so minutes after I found little man in the cabinet getting almonds. I had to stop him in and redirect him back to the table to eat off his plate, but he didn’t want any of that. We tried to watch a streaming show, but couldn’t figure out how to work it so instead we tried playing Chinese Checkers. It was fun. A.L. seemed to really enjoy it, but the board got bumped twice and all the balls went rolling and lost their place so we called it quits and put A.H. to bed. Oh he pooped his pants and let me know as soon as he was finished. I made him actually dump it into the potty which mom thought was hilarious! He did well doing it on his own. I hope it doesn’t backfire later. After putting him down I read with A.L. and he heard and screamed and cried almost the entire time. When I went to talk to him he just buried his face. He stayed awake till they got home and was able to come out of the crib. A.L. was asleep though. I’d say that was probably one of the easiest sitting jobs I’ve done, mind you it was only for a couple of hours though.
High today is knowing my CCT3 will be back tomorrow!!!
Thanks for listening to the mundane of today…
No comments:
Post a Comment