Today is/was the first day of our fourth year of marriage together! I decided to go ahead and still get up when my alarm goes off at it’s regular time, but was still a bit tired since it’s five our time.
I tried to connect to the net and view blogs in the dark corner of our room so as to not disturb hubby, but couldn’t do it. I finally got hungry, seven here six our time, which is about right on time. It was a bust! They had apple and orange juice, coffee, bread for toast w butter and jelly, danishes, frosted flakes and raisin bran, and little chocolate and powdered donuts. There was also a microwave, which I guess was for the pastries. It was really hard to make healthy choices with all that. In my coffee I ended up using real sugar, they only had the pink stuff! The coffee was good till about the last fourth and then it started to taste bitter or something. I ate two bowls of cereal and extra milk as well as several (maybe eight) little donuts b/4 I got full! I know I’m on vacation and shouldn’t worry about it, but man does eating things like this put a toll on my skin!
When I got back to the room Aaron woke up shortly after and we laid around and watched TV for a little bit. I found this new to me show (link Clueless from MTV) and it was F-U-N-N-Y!!!! Aaron and I were both laughing out loud at several parts.
We headed out to our fall boat ride w just enough time to scoot in, since we had to redirect tour path! I’m pretty sure we were the youngest people there. I think I got several good shots of scenery and surroundings. Lunch was okay: roast beef, chicken (way too salty), green beans (addictively yummy in butter), red potatoes, rolls, and cheesecake (I got a slice each of pumpkin (x2 one for me one for hubs), chocolate, and regular w cherry (for hubby). I was pleasantly surprised that I liked all of them (except I haven’t eaten my pumpkin one yet, thinking bout saving it for bfast!). I know they are premade store bought ones, but they were so nice and creamy and rich. I even liked the plain one which says a lot b/c I don’t usually like just plain w no extra flavorings.
After the boat trip we were going to go to the Aquarium, but by the time we could find parking (back in our free lot from yesterday) and ride the little shuttle all the way back we would only have an hour and a half, two hours max b/4 having to get back to the restaurant I wanted to visit. So instead we went to the urban winery, the bread store, and meandered around for a bit.
This was when Aaron told me he was upset about me not spending the entire time with him on the boat. I just thought he was a bit pouty from not getting to go to the Aquarium. So we hashed it out and got back to traveling.
The place I wanted to go was a bust and we had to search our a new place to have dinner. We ended up at some sushi place downtown and it sucked compared to our regular joint. The food was okay and I tried a new fish. I really like the way they presented it and had Aaron sneak the ‘jewel’ back home with us! The server sucked and didn’t know too much of anything when asked and had to check on all my questions. Aaron told me I was too rough on servers since I used to be one. However I know what they should be doing and she wasn’t, as well as the chick from last night.
After dinner we stopped at the liquor place on the corner down the road and I got me a small box of red, but haven’t opened it yet. Hope it’s yummy!
Now I’m ready for bed (and maybe a foot rub?). The best part today was knowing we started another year together.
How was the first day of November for you???
No comments:
Post a Comment