Wednesday, October 31, 2012

our Honeyversary


Happy 3 year Anniversary to us!!!!

Aaron slept in till he woke, I didn’t wake him nor did he set an alarm.  Not a big deal, it’s the first day of our vacation!  I on the other hand of course got up with my alarm.  I figured I’d go ahead and keep getting up so as to not throw my body off when I got back since it’s not a week long and we’ve got things to do while we are gone.  While he slept I did the usual as well as packed my bag.  

We left around elevenish and stopped to get a bite to go at Sonic in the Boro.  

We got to Chattanooga a little b/4 two and headed downtown.  Fortunately we found some free parking behind our first stop the Choo Choo.  

That place was kind of a bust.  We looked at the train cars and I went into the shopping places.  I bought a pretty pair of earrings for Carolyn and some stamps for me with the thought that I’d use them either to scrapbook or to play with kids.  I like the idea of scrapbooking, but of course hate the waste of paper.  And beside who will actually look at the books?  Me?  Aaron?  Guests?  Children?  Family?  Do you scrapbook?  Who looks at yours?  

Then we stumbled upon their free shuttle and used it at our will through out the day.  We went to Warehouse Row first.  Man what disappointment!  There were only a handful of stores and it was like shopping at Green Hills combined with Cool Springs on the Atlanta Trip!  Nice building space though.  

From there we took a leisurely stroll down the streets and took several pictures of some amazing art pieces.  

Then we ended up at Bluff View Art District.  Man talk about a gorgeous place!  Aaron and I both took several pictures of several places in the little block.  There just aren’t any words to describe how amazing this little nook is.  To me this is like the Volcano National Park we visited on our Honeymoon – an unexpected delightful stop.  Now that I mention that I find it amazing that two of the most beautiful spots we’ve been were free.  

For dinner we rode the shuttle back to The Terminal.  WOWZA was this a tasty little place.  The service sucked ass, but food was great.  I ordered the lamb burger (lamb w spices topped w caramelized onions and feta aioli on the side) we sweet potato FF.  Aaron had the chicken pocket thing (pizza crust around chicken, bacon, onions, and BBQ sauce w cheese).  The chicken was a bit dry (I think they cooked it all the way and it cooked some more when they put it in the oven to cook the dough and melt the cheese).  The sucky server took a while to greet us, didn’t know their house wine, nor did she know how the aioli was made.  Regardless if we lived here that’d have to be a place to visit regularly if we ate out often, or I’d at least recommend it to people.  

I’m done for the day, I love that the first day went so well and was relaxed.  

Here’s to another wonderful year with my fabulous husband…

No comments:

Post a Comment