There are two things I want to remember about today: the not so nice parent and her FB posting and Amanda giving out another open invitation to hang at her place often.
Which one do you care about most? Want to hear first?
I want to tell you about the first one of course! So on Thursday of last week one of the kids had an accident. She has special needs I’ll let ya know. She can get around on her own and we let her explore freely so she can do what she wants. She LOVES to slide! Love being an understatement here; she crawl the entire length of the jungle gym to get to her favorite slide many times during a thirty minute period. Since she initiates the play and can’t do it the ‘correct’ way (sitting up, on bottom, feet first) I’ve been letting her go her way (on belly face first). Well that day she climbed the big steps while I stood behind her to make sure she didn’t fall off since there is no safety rail, just rails for upright kids to hold onto. Once she got to the top she went down the slide of her choosing. As she got to the bottom she skidded her face on the turf and got turf burn on her eye/cheek bone. She also bit her tongue and it bled. My old CT (second not original) did the doctoring. I filled out an accident report, had it signed, and called and left mom a detailed message. Grandma picked up that afternoon. I didn’t think anything about it (hence there’s not mention of it on last Thursday’s post).
Okay now fast forward to two o’clock today. My CCT (third one) asked me if the DR talked to me about the incident. Shortly said, the DR heard through the grapevine that the mom is upset but hasn’t mentioned it to her and she wanted to get details. Well I tried and tried to talk to the DR, but the grapevine came in and let me know that it was her who told the DR and then showed me the FB posting. Man was it an awful picture! It really looked like we drug her across the ground by her feet! Not only did it look awful but the mom said some pretty rude, disrespectful, lowdown comment to go along with the picture; something like ‘look what happened to my little girl at school yesterday, the teacher said she was “right there” but doesn’t know what happened. How can she be “right there” and not know?’ Then there were all these other mean comments about video surveillance and reporting and that teacher doesn’t know who her auntie is and don’t let it go without asking questions and many others. At one point the parent defends the school; the DR called it back pedaling. However if the parent is going to back pedal she should remove the damn thing!
The reason I’m so upset (not enough emotion in that word) is that the mom didn’t even ask me what happened! I left the message saying call back if you’ve got any questions, but she didn’t. Nor did she ask any when she dropped off this morning. Nor did she ask the grapevine who she’s friend with!
I know the reason why she said ‘the teacher doesn’t know what happened’ is because in my msg I told her ‘she was going down the slide and I don’t know if it’s b/c she was going fast, or the height of the slide, or if she just didn’t hold her face up like she usually does’ (at least that’s what I think I said – I sure wish I could hear the msg).
To make it even more comical/poetic (not sure which word to use) on my way out the door, literally I was going out an exit, the mom was arriving and wanted to come in the door I was leaving instead of going to the front. Well of course I stopped and chatted with her b/c I almost always tell her something about her day no matter how insignificant it is. AND SHE STILL DIDN”T SAY ANYTHING!!!!!!!!
Oh I forgot to mention that when she dropped off this morning my CCT said a comment about how it doesn’t look too bad today, a perfect opening for mom to ask questions, but nothing was said.
So this all went down over the long weekend and today is over so I wonder what tomorrow brings? The DR said she was going to call and talk to her and had three routes she could take:
Oh I saw the boo boo when I dropped off…….
I’ve seen what’s on FB………
The OT stopped in to let me know you were upset……..
I wonder which one she’ll use and of course would love to hear the conversation. The only reprimand I’ve gotten so far is that I need to be more detailed on my accident reports, but that she (the DR) is sure that I left a detailed message and would have given many more if I’d been given the chance.
WOWZA can’t believe all that took up a whole page!
Now onto my second remembrance of the day; When Amanda came in to pick up little man she mentioned that we could come by anytime since they are home now to stay. Tonight they are carving pumpkins. I told her next time I had a down night I’d msg her to see what they were doing. I love the idea of just chillin w em’, but it feels strange to txt her and see what she’s doin b/c of the mommy/parenting thing. Not sure why, it just does. Maybe I’ll delve more into that on another day.
Also there was a an amazing groupon today: two day all in cheese making course! Two days, eight hours each day! It’s 150.00 valued at 425.00. I thought about calling the lady and talking to her about it. The event only happens a couple times a year and this year it’s this upcoming weekend which I can not do b/c I’ve got sooooo much going on. I wonder if I call her and ask to get the same deal if I just pay her would she do that, since that way she isn’t out any money paying groupon. Cross your fingers.
High today was that even though all our children were back they weren’t ‘off the chain’ like I thought they’d be since it’s been awhile out of routines.
Thank you for letting me get all that off my chest….
No comments:
Post a Comment