Sunday, October 21, 2012

Battle of the Food Trucks; IMO


I’m not sure what was wrong w me today but I couldn’t get energy up to do anything.  I woke up nice and early, did my regular routine, and chatted w my dad.  We didn’t talk for long, max of 30 mins..  

Aaron got up around ten which is early for him on a weekend.  We laid around and watched our current show and were supposed to go to his parents around noon or so, but I didn’t even feel like checking my emails or blogs!  I let him know and he thought I had a fever.  Which is strange b/c I was actually laying around w an ice pack on my head and a heating pad under me for my neck/shoulders.  

We did go to Battle of the Food Trucks and enjoyed ourselves.  There weren’t as many tucks as there should have been b/c when the company rescheduled they didn’t confer w the truck owners and the majority of them had prior obligations.  
Sugar Wagon: cookies sandwiched w ice cream (my fav was the red velvet w white chocolate) and Italian sodas.  
Hoss Loaded Burgers (we got the first ones off the grill); red, white, and blue (burgers stuffed w blue cheese topped w hot sauce and a bit of ranch dressing on a sweet bun) and some chili spiced fries.
To Dine For: shrimp and grits (which I voted for and I don’t even like them) and two desserts – praline cheesecake and chocolate mousse.  *I actually voted for this place for savory and sweet.  The mousse was a bittersweet chocolate and LOVED it*
Jonbalaya: French dip and Sprouts (the meat just tasted like pot roast and the sprouts were good but not evenly ‘dressed’.  My serving didn’t have any bacon or balsamic vinegar.
Movers & Shakers: three milkshakes – chocolate, raspberry, and caramel.  The raspberry was weak and the caramel was just vanilla w a drizzle of caramel sauce.  
Riffs: Koren BBQ meat over kimchi fried rice.  It tasted okay.  The meat was a bit chewy and the rice wasn’t really ‘fried’.  
About thirty minutes b/4 voting an ice cream truck showed up, but they didn’t have two of the flavors I wanted to try (mocha and pb), but they did have a tasty Pumpkin Caramel (no caramel flavor really) and Orange Cream.  

Riffs won 1st and Jonbalya won 2nd for savory.  Sugar Wagon got 1st and TDF got 2nd for sweet.  I was shocked a bit b/c Aaron, Colin, Lindsay, and I all put both our pieces in the box for TDF.  I knew Riffs would win just b/c of who they are.  I told Colin (or maybe Daniel) that Grilled Cheeseier (sp?) could put poop on a sandwich and win if they ad been there.    

I actually enjoyed several ‘free’ beers; Yazoo’s Dos Peros on draft.  We had several tickets given to us and the dudes ‘pourin’ em’ kind of sucked and didn’t know how to do it w/out lots of head.  

When we finally got back home we finished our episode and watched a movie (Zookeeper).  It was funny and had several actors/esses that I didn’t know were in it.  Hubby ate two bowls of cereal and I enjoyed a glass of wine.  Hopefully next year will be better and have more trucks.  

I loved just being w Aaron all day while doing much of nothing and knowing that he was okay with doing nothing too.  

Did you or have you gone to this Battle b/4?....

No comments:

Post a Comment