Saturday, October 27, 2012

husbands bday treat


Nothing much to tell you about today other than the BBQ festival was a big fat bust!  

Please tell me what you think when you hear ‘festival’?  I think lots of food and food themed things.  Upon reading about this one it mentioned that it was ‘invitational only’, which means that all the competitors had to win others and be invited to try to win the title.  With that being said I thought this festival would be all about BBQ and sampling.  Yup, I was wrong!  The only things we got to taste was all the way at the back and not even a full ounce.  The best things were lamb chops and pulled brisket from Sam’s Club!  All the BBQ we wanted to eat we had to purchase.  The cheapest item was 7.00, a sandwich.  

The first thing we bought, the sandwich, was way tooooo sweet!  How that place could have won titles I have no idea.  Later I got three ribs.  They had a good taste and were tender but the outside was way too charred.  Aaron got BBQ nachos and I liked that meat the best.  

We also walked around all the little booths and I managed to skirt out of there without buying anything!  

Another topic that was bogus was online the site said you only had to donate to get in, not ay a set fee.  Well when we got close we found out we had to pay 10.00 to park at the school and get shuttled over.  By golly there went 10 of the 30 I was going to donate.  Then when I noticed we had to buy food I decided not to donate at all, just count my 10 for parking b/c I know the school got that.  

Back home we had pizza for dinner with his parents and watched a movie I’ve never seen b/4.

That’s it folks, the high today was just spending time w the hubs.

I’m glad you popped in…

No comments:

Post a Comment