Friday, October 26, 2012

Fall Fest and they've learned!


Man what a whirlwind of a day!  TGIF rings more truly today than it has in a while.  We had all 14 of our children present and accounted for!  The a.m. was okay.  I’m actually proud of the little guys.  Usually as they all sit down to eat lunch at least half of them start whining about needing help or milk or straw or well you get the point.  Anyways my CCT3 and I always tell them ‘there are (no of children) and just two of us teachers, you have to be patient and wait until we get to you/your needs, but we will as soon as we can’.  SO today they were ALL PATIENT!!!!!  It’s the first time the kids have sat down to eat and actually just ate and waited on us to give them the assistance they needed!  

When I got back from nap was when it started to go a bit downhill.  One of our parents showed up with their kids costume at about ten till two, two is when we get them up.  Well the parent hung around until we went outside, an hour later!  Not really a big deal and I totally understand why (it’s a divorced family and this week was moms week; this was the dad).  It was actually kind of nice that he stayed till we went out b/c it was much easier for the kid to transition.  The frustrating part was all the other kids showing out and not listening! 

After nap I got to change all the kids into their costumes; we had two buzz lightyears, a pirate and a firefighter, a dragon and batman.  We also had one Minnie Mouse.  The ED came and changed her son into a Jack the Pirate from Neverland (which I’ve never heard of, of course).  

When we back in from the playground I felt awful.  I’m not sure what was wrong and there’s not a perfect way to describe it, I just physically plummeted; had trouble breathing and was a bit dizzy and couldn’t enjoy the new books at all.  I ate an apple and drank a bit of water and felt a bit better, but it took almost an hour or so.  

Luckily a couple of the other workers came and took my kiddos to play with the ponies and play all the games so I just had the one little guy left.  His mom showed up around 4:30 ish or so and then I walked around and helped direct other parents to the workshop and tasted some chili!  I felt so bad, my room’s chef wasn’t my favorite, which means I didn’t vote.  I felt awful putting money in somebody else’s bucket!  I also consumed a hotdog and a half, several sweet potato chips and apples slices, one cookie and two kid sized pieces of cake.  Let’s just say I’m STUFFED!!!!  I brought hubby some chili and hotdogs home to eat and didn’t even want a bite.  When he offered I inhaled the scent and it turned my stomach.  

In case you noticed my hubby is home today!  He didn’t really have to work at all, I got a msg this morning around seven that he was headed back.  There was lots of rain in KY so they couldn’t work on the roof and headed back.  He got home around noon or two, I can’t remember and then went to his parents to check out some things to do for our anniversary.  He wants to go to Chattanooga and ‘play’ around there: aquarium, boat tour, incline rail, rock city, ruby falls, things like that.  I hate the thought of going without any deals since I’ve been using them so regularly.  So now we are watching our show and just relaxing.

Not gonna do my eats b/c of the tastings, but I did okay for the most part, other than the gianormous hotdog bun my hotdog was on.  

The best part was my hunny is back home and we get to spend the day together tomorrow.

Hope you had a great TGIF…

No comments:

Post a Comment