Tuesday, October 23, 2012

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY HUNNY!!!! (and a new found love)


I almost didn’t do a journal entry for today, but decided I should b/c there are a few strange things that happened this evening which I’ll tell you about later.  

So my CCT #3 traded shifts w me and I got to work the 7:30 to 4:00 shift.  And since I still hadn’t picked up the hubs an actual gift I got up at 5 and was out of the house by a little after 6.  It was strange driving that early, it was still dark out and there were very few cars on the road.  I broke down and got him another bubba mug since it should be getting cool anytime now (maybe?).  I also picked up a few grocery items some for dinner and others for bfasts for me.  I got out just in time to get to work w about five minutes to spare.  In that time I copied the recipes for a parent (fish ideas) and got ready for class.  Since I don’t open everyday I don’t know all the routines and really need to remember to send the kids potty/change their diapers.  I just assume that the kids come in clean and know when to go potty on their own, but the don’t! 

The day was kind of easy.  The kids were not entertained at all during circle time and it was absolutely dreadful!  Other than that not a problem.  I’m a bit worried about tomorrow though b/c one of the ‘boys’ comes back and I’ve noticed that the little guy who has anger management/emotional regulation issues hasn’t been too terrible since the other guy has been out.  Guess I should point that out to my CCT3.  

When I got off hubby had just gotten to his parents to peruse the net for anniversary trips so I had plenty of time to get dinner ready as well as prep lunch and take care of the dishes.  I started the meal by nuking tatos to get the inside done and rinsed mushrooms while waiting.  Once the tatos cooked in the middle I put em’ in the toaster oven with the broken mushrooms sprayed w EVOO and topped w cracked salt.  On the skewers I laced mushrooms, onions, and yellow squash.  After getting the veggies on I took care of the dishes.  That side of the veggies got nice and toasty b/c I learned after preheating the grill you gotta turn the heat down, b/c preheat is hotter than high!  WOOPS!!!  After turning the heat down and moving/rotating veggies I got the steak on.  To prepare the lobster tail, that’s right lobster tail (for those who know me know I don’t care for it b/c it’s always rubbery), I slit it down the thick part, wedged some butter, fresh dried tarragon and Italian parsley in the slit and grilled.  The package said to grill on the bottom for bout 5 minutes, flip, grill for bout 4 more minutes and call it done.  I did that and it was PUUUURRRFFFECT!!!!  Now I’m a fan, but only if I do it at home.  So to recap my hubby’s bday dinner: steak, lobster tail, veggies, baked potato, and garlic bread.  I had mine w a super yummy glass of ? Shiraz and he had Angry Orchard.  

Now that dinner’s over, and Aaron’s had his phone conversations (w/ brother to wish happy b-day and boss to find out his schedule – 7 a.m. tomorrow then headed out of town till Friday) we are watching Texas Killing Fields, which is much stranger than I thought and I’m not sure why I wanted to watch it.  

Okay now the weird things: I got a msg from Caryn about purchasing the advocare stuff, but I just got the info yesterday and haven’t had any time at all to view it.  Maybe when I was selling TW I wasn’t pushy enough.  She didn’t mention anything about the card I wrote her and I wonder if she remembered it and read it?  The other strange thing was Lindsay called while she was at her 31 meeting and I’m not really sure why; I couldn’t understand/hear much of what she said w all the noise in the background.  

Are you interested in my eats?: 
Bfast – egg, cheese, and veggie scramble.  I used the liquid eggs from Wal Mart and like them much better than the Aldi’s version.  The fluffed more like real ones.
Lunch – chicken salad sans greens
Snacks – 2 apples, an orange, and tons of veggie sticks
Dinner – Kiwi and the afore mentioned meal
I think I did pretty well except for those evil veggie sticks!  

I loved having a special dinner w hubby and glad to see him smile when he opened his present.
Thanks a bunch for wishing him a happy one too….

No comments:

Post a Comment