Monday, October 29, 2012

I'm learning a new gadget, maybe


Today was a pretty normal day, nothing bad, nothing great.  Oh wait a minute, I had a horrible nights sleep!  I mean awful, no good, rotten, terrible, night.  I think I may have gotten a total of three hours at max!  Aaron was exhausted yesterday and had to get up early this morning so he went to bed as soon as we got home last night and I stayed up and watched three episodes of NCIS, 45 min each!  Then I woke up around three or so and couldn’t fall back.  I laid there and pretended to be the ocean, which for those who know me, know that was a task.  Of course I woke up when hubby left, but actually managed to fall back asleep, not soundly mind you, but asleep, in time for my alarm to go off.  I reset it and gave myself an extra half hour since I had set it for an hour early anyways.  

Well I got to work a few minutes earlier than usual and checked my emails (nothing exciting) and opened/started/connected a southwest online account to our card so I can book us a hotel for this upcoming week/end.  I didn’t actually book it yet b/c I was worried about getting the points.  I know some things you register have to wait until the next business day to be in effect so I’m gonna do it ASAP in the a.m..  

I had a lot of fun playing with Dickie’s camera!  I got a few pretty amazing shots for an amateur.  When I showed them to the OT she critiqued me like a teacher!  Too cute, she said that her teacher would count off b/c I’d cut the feet off in one of the shots.  How unfair the kid was swinging, feet included is hard!  I can’t wait to see what Dickie says about some of them, esp my fav. shots.  At some point I hit some strange button and it made the shutter do something weird.  I took it to Monkey’s LT and she got that part fixed, but I’m pretty sure she may have messed with something she shouldn’t have.  I was going to take it over Dickie’s this evening to ‘fix’ the problem, but he didn’t answer his phone when I called.  Instead I brought it home and played with the settings while reading the instruction manual!  I think he’d be proud.  

Aaron said he’d be home around 7:30, but it’s nine-ish now and he’s not home.  I hope he’s safe and guess I’ll give him a call.  But b/4 I do here’s my eats for the day:
Bfast – peach passion fruit yogurt from these guys.  It was okay.  Nothing to rave about, lots of peach flavor.
Lunch – crab and seaweed salad
Snacks – 2 tangerines, 1 kiwi, lots of chocolate and a handful of craisins
Dinner – left over steak, baked potato, grilled veggies + some heated up summer sausage via venison and mashed cauliflower.  The heated up sausage was okay.  It was better w bites of grilled onion.  
I also had a cup of hot tea, but didn’t finish it.  

I enjoyed playing with the camera the most today.

I’m glad you stopped in to read about my day…

No comments:

Post a Comment