Today was great! We woke up early enough and made it out to the horse back place w/ plenty time to spare. Since we got there early we walked around the grounds and played with all the animals and took several pictures (that I’m working on sending to my buddy). The ride was great! I know I just used that word ha ha ha.
I got to ride a beautiful horse named May and Aaron rode a paint; Maggie. It was just the two of us and the two guides, one at front and the other at back. Wasn’t very romantic, but fun. I of course got the greedy horse again. However the guy guide said that we did really good b/c we caught up to the peeps riding one hour and came in together; so that’s cool.
We’d talked to the guide about coming back and doing a half day trip w a picnic or doing harder trails and he said it was doable, just ask the bossman.
Once we got back to the homestead we gathered for lunch, which was tasty too. I ate half my chicken and 1/3 of my swt potato and two servings of baked beans. The bossman kind of looked at me a little funny when I carried my plate home, at least I think he did. I wasn’t sure if I could do it or leave it for the animals or if the staff would eat it, so I figured that since I paid for it plus the really nice tip we left it’d be okay. Oh and the bossman was equally as nice in sharing all his herbs and veggies. I tried a chocolate basil and some spicy oregano and two peppers.
After we left we visited the little fair going on and then stopped in some wineries. At the second one we learned about the ‘trail’ visiting: visit each winery on the list and buy a bottle you get a stamp. At the last place you’ll get a souvenir glass. Well we bought bottles and got two stamps so now we need to go to the last two places on the trail. I’m hoping I’ll do it b/4 x-mas.
For dinner we swung by Kroger and got sushi and now we are watching a movie. Don’t ya just love the brief days?!?!?
Of course the best part was spending time with my husband doing something memorable.
Would you like to tell me your best part today?...
No comments:
Post a Comment