Friday, October 19, 2012

a new friendship?


Once again I’d like to apologize if this is too short or doesn’t make much sense.  It’s after ten, I’m pooped, and I’ve got alcohol in the system, not enough to feel buzzed but I’m sure enough to blow on a sensor ya know what I mean? 

So my day was easy, we had two kids out and another one left early (right b/4 nap ended).  Oh I didn’t do anything for the sweetest day this year and I feel kind of like an ass.  I should at least stop and get my hubby a slice of nice cheesecake for tomorrow huh?!?!   He’s got choc. covered m-mallows so no need for them, unless peeps gots halloweenie kinds out! Sorry completely off subject there, lets turn back.  I was supposed to take an hour lunch since I got off ten minutes late yesterday, did I tell you that?  The PC always comes in at 5:01 and then I get to leave.  Usually I don’t till bout five after b/c I explain things to her, I should really say something to the DR but I don’t got guts enough! Anyways yesterday she came in at five after and said I could leave but then the younger kids came in and the PC left the room as well as the teacher for the younger kids and the DR was in there but she was picking up her kids and talking to a parent MASS chaos for a moment.  The baby room AT scheduled a parent meeting on her own without passing it through admin and so everything was thrown off.  Okay now back to the hour lunch that didn’t happen.  There was an intake at one that should have been short since the kid has been here before but pulled out b/c of health.  Well that damn intake took 45 minutes!  So I took 30 min. b/4 the meeting and 15 after.  The perk of lunch today was that IBM volunteered and brought the good BBQ again.  This year his dessert was a pear cobbler with raisins or craisins and was amazing!  He usually does apples which I don’t really care for.  Maybe these were apples but smaller, hell IDK, but it was good!  

B/4 leaving today I suckered into being the chili table ‘volunteer’; which basically means I gotta get peeps to eat and vote!  It’s in one week, think about me, and wish me luck (also hope that our room gets the most dollars & I promise no sneaking money from one jar to ours).  Also I’m going to work 8:30 – 5:30 next week and get an hour lunch everyday.  I’d asked if I could still leave early on Tuesday since it’s Aaron’s bday and all.  Now that I think about it I wonder when we are doing the dinner w his parents?  Guess I should ask in the a.m..  

So I got off a few minutes late and stopped to chat w a parent in the parking lot b/4 heading out.  I asked the mom if she’d gotten the assmt I did on her son and she did but didn’t have any concerns since she thought he was a baby genius.  WHOA was I not in the right mind set for that comment.  She put me on the spot and slipped the statement ‘unless you do’ but then skipped right over it thankfully, b/c I didn’t know how to even say it tactfully.  I know that I should wait and just re-evaluate him, or at least he should be re-evaluated, in six months to see if there is growth or if he’s just stayed six month behind.  His scores weren’t enough of a delay (gotta be 25%) to be flagged.  His was only 21%.  Well that talk put home a little late and I decided to do a bit more to get ready than I had planned.

I was just going to put my hair in a bun and toss on clothes and run, but my face felt icky so I decided to do a mask which had to set for 20 minutes and I decided to play with my hair while it set.  I loved what I did and hopefully can recreate.  I just made some loose waves and then did a messy bun.  The loose hairs were curly and the bun had more body to it.  My face felt much nicer afterwards, but it put me a little bit late, just by about 15 minutes.  I grabbed a banana and hit the road.  I tried to msg the girl I went w, let’s call her Foxie, but the no I had was disconnected.  When I got to her place I found out that I’d somehow changed one number in the field.  Well we stood around and chatted for a min w her roomie while she finished her glass and then headed out.  On the way she informed me, not rudely just making it simple hear, that we had to leave by nine so she could get home and then back out to the bar for the show w her roomie.  I was a bit bummed but tried not to let it show.  I joked w her though just a bit.  I know she didn’t want to really go to the show, but I kinda wonder if it was one of those ‘make-a-plan-afterwards-just-incase-what-you’re-doing-isn’t-really-that-fun’ moments.  It was the first time we’d done something together outside of work so it’s like a ‘first date’.  Anyways I enjoyed the tasting, and of course know I’d enjoyed it more on my own b/c then I could do it more leisurely.  B/c we were on a time constraint and she isn’t really a wine drinker I only got to taste one or two wines every other table or so.  She didn’t want to wait in long lines and didn’t taste at every table.  I did find some yummy ones as well as some for mom and Carolyn.  Also I finally got to sample the Irish Cream Whiskey, and holy moly spchgoly! That was some wonderful stuff!  Nice and creamy and nutty.  Now I’m gonna have to buy me a bottle!  The food was a bust.  All I ate was a mini taco, about eight cheese cubes, and two pieces of bread.  NO CUPCAKES :’( Next year I’ll eat something more substancial b/4 hand if I go with somebody.  Also parking was a beeyatch!  Hopefully I’ll go early or remember to park across the road (that’s right we went against the grain and parked across the road at a closed business and walked!)  However, it wasn’t as smart as we thought b/c the damn glasses were all the way at the freakin’ back of the event!  So next year I need to find out where the check in counter is and park closer to that.  Additionally I should bring my own glass, the one from this year, and start where-ever I walk in and then pick up the token glass when I get there.  It was crazy!  Over all I enjoyed it and can’t wait for my next one that I’m doing on my own! 

Okay, that was way longer than I thought, let’s hope it makes sense!  The best part of my day was hanging w Foxie and drinking some vino!

HAPPY TGIF TO YOUUU!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment