Today was nice. I got up around 7:30. I didn’t do too much, just put away some clothes and read my book a little and started to clean the bed linen so we cold put warmer sheets on.
I headed of to the IL’s around eleven or so to be a mouse potato. It so strange how quickly Dickie’s Mac loads all the pages vs the computers at school! I was able to read all the back dated blogs I follow except for the one who’s picture wouldn’t load and all the foodgawkers.
Aaron had to work today and was supposed to be off tomorrow. However he called around one and left me a msg that if his mom could swing dinner out tonight he’d be able to make it, but not sure about tomorrow b/c they didn’t finish the job and are going back and he doesn’t know how long it’ll take. So I logged off and went to the store w her. She’s making lumpia and pancit. I’m glad I went with her to the store. She thought it was going to take a long time to make b/c the last time she made them she didn’t have any kitchen equipment. However I helped her realize she could use her new kitchen aid stand to grate, chop, and grind all the stuff she needed! She ended up grinding the chicken and pork to make it more fresh! The lumpia was delish, pancit was a little bland. I think the noodle ratio was way too high for the meat and veggies.
However I’m glad I went w her to the store. We went to Inglewood Kroger. I found a rasp/cranberry greek yogurt, some yummy looking soup, and PB2!!!! I’m super excited about the PB2. I’ve wanted to order it since I stumbled upon it eons ago, but didn’t think I’d need four containers (which is the minimum you can order). I’m not sure if I paid too much or not though. Kroger’s was around 4.50 and I know the net had it for 4.00 plus tax and S&H so hopefully it’ll equal out esp since I can buy them one at a time! They also had the chocolate version, but I left it on the shelf. I also found the potato starch Mike has been looking for! I almost bought it, but I’m gonna wait till either next week b/4 Thanksgiving or get it for an x-mas present. I couldn’t remember what dad was looking for so I had to msg him and ask. It’s short or medium grained wild rice. I personally don’t think it exist, but hopefully I can go to Whole Foods soon and check it out there.
We also watched the new Spiderman movie. I liked it! I liked the actor that plays Peter way better than Toby. This guy was a little bit more awkward dork science guy, rather than the fifty’s pop and snap your finger’s dork Toby presents. I did think it was strange that Emma (I think that’s the chicks name in the lead woman roles) looks like a ‘Mary Jane’, but had a diff name in the story, wait a minute I just realized he broke it off w her, but hinted at getting back together at the end. Maybe he hooks up w ‘MJ’ later on in the series?
Alright, I’m ready to go to sleep! Stoked I got caught up on my blogs! Now I just need to post all my entries.
No comments:
Post a Comment